Ultimate List of Rice Krispie Treats
Want the best rice krispie treats recipe? This ultimate list of recipes includes THE best EVER! Don’t miss out on the tips and tricks for these delicious treats.
I have been making rice krispie treats for years. I used to make them off the box, just like everyone else. However, it got to be where I wanted softer, gooey treats.
Then after a little bit of research and a few times of trial and error, I was able to create the BEST rice krispie treats EVER! This is no joke. It is seriously the best.
Tips For Making The Best Rice Krispie Treats
After sharing my recipe with the world, several questions have been asked in the comments about different things. So, here is a rundown of frequently asked questions before we get to the rest of the delicious treats I have created.
Do you use Salted Butter or Unsalted Butter?
This has been a big debate on my most popular rice krispie treat recipe. I use Salted Butter to make my treats.
Is it okay to use old marshmallows?
I only use fresh marshmallows. Yes, I am the one in the grocery aisle squishing the marshmallow bags to find a fresh bag. I do not like how old marshmallows melt. They just don’t have the same gooeyness.
Why did my rice krispie treats turn out hard?
Did you turn the heat way up when melting the marshmallows? If you did, this could be why. Slowly melting them is the best way to go here. Also, don’t use old marshmallows.
Do you need to put rice krispie treats in the refrigerator?
No. I don’t put them away in the refrigerator. The treats never last past a couple of days because we love to eat them (they really are hard to stay out of!)
If you think they will still be around after a couple of days, you can place them in the refrigerator. Just beware that putting them in the refrigerator may cause them to get hard.
What is the best way to store rice krispie treats?
I usually keep them in my pyrex casserole dishes that have lids (as long as they fit). Just as long as they are in an airtight container, you are good to go.
Keeping them in an airtight container or bag will help keep them fresh longer.
Can you freeze rice krispie treats?
According to Kellog’s Rice Krispies recipe for the original recipe, you can freeze the treats for up to 6 weeks. Just follow their instructions on preparing the treats for freezing. I have not frozen any of my treats before, which is why I suggest using their instructions.
How long do I have to wait before cutting my treats?
30 minutes or until fully cooled. Yes, I know it will feel like an eternity before you sink your teeth into these delicious treats but it is best to wait.
Can I use the big marshmallows to make my rice krispie treats?
Sure you can. I have not used them, I use the mini marshmallows. So all my recipes will be mini-sized unless specified.
If you would like a conversion table, I had these measurements that I had jotted down from somewhere (Sorry, I can’t remember the source).
Try these conversions:
13 oz Marshmallow Creme = approximately 3 cups
1 Regular Marshmallow = 13 Miniature Marshmallows
8 Regular Marshmallows = 1 cup
16 oz bag Miniature = 8 cups
With that, I will conclude the question and answer section. :)
Now to move on to more goodies!!
Best Rice Krispie Treats To Try
Don’t forget, you must try the Best Rice Krispie Treat Recipe Ever that I linked to above. It is truly the best and you won’t go back to making it the old way again. That is how confident I am that you will love it.
- Toffee Rice Krispie Treats – OMG! These treats take my recipe up to gourmet status. Toffee chips melted in and topped with decadent dark chocolate. If you thought my other recipes were hard to stay out of, this one is extremely hard to stay out of.
- Chocolate Chip Rice Krispie Treats – These are delicious treats topped with mini chocolate chips!
- Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats – These treats have a hint of strawberry flavoring and they are topped with dark chocolate! In case you are wondering by now, yes, I love dark chocolate.
- Smarties Rice Krispie Treats – Smarties candies make a fun add-in for these treats.
Shaped Rice Krispie Treats
I love making fun-shaped treats. That is what is great about these treats, easy to make and they can be fun!
- Bird Nest Rice Krispie Treats – These are really fun to make for Springtime or Easter. Grab up a few Robin Egg Candies and Peeps – no nest is complete without eggs and a bird.
- Sailboat Rice Krispie Treats – I got pretty creative with these boats. I loved how they turned out though and they are pretty tasty. A bit of salty with a sweet taste.
- LEGO Rice Krispie Treats – These were in the shape of a LEGO figure. Perfect for my son’s LEGO-themed party.
- Pokemon Poke Ball Rice Krispie Treats – These are fun for those Pokemon enthusiasts. You can’t play the game without the Poke Balls so why not make these a part of Pokemon themed birthday party?
- Snowmen Rice Krispie Treats – These snowmen heads are perfect for wintertime treats.
Holiday-Themed Rice Krispie Treats
These treats are designed for around the holidays. Which holidays are your favorite to make treats for?
- Valentine Rice Crispy Treats Recipe – These treats are dipped into candy melts and sprinkles were added. A cute paper straw makes them treats on a stick.
- Conversation Hearts – A little bit of fondant and edible markers help to transform these treats into larger versions of the timeless candy.
Fourth of July
- 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats – These stare-shaped treats are great for showing off your red, white, and blue at a family gathering.
- Ghosts Rice Krispie Treats – BOO! These spooky treats are great for Halloween time!
- Frankenstein Treats – Turn those little squares into Frankenstein’s Monster with some green dye and dark chocolate!
- Grinch Rice Krispie Treats – Who doesn’t love How The Grinch Stole Christmas? My kids love to watch it over and over during Christmas time. That is why I created these delicious treats.
If you enjoyed some of these great recipes and would love to know when more are posted, please subscribe to our newsletter. When you sign up, you will receive a welcome email that details all the different topics you may enjoy. Simply click on the links to tell me what topics you want in your inbox.