Wanting delicious and soft chocolate chip rice krispie treats that you can’t get enough of? Adding chocolate chips makes these treats irresistible!
This recipe is a modified version of this treat recipe. Ever since I made that recipe, I can’t go back to the original recipe. They are just so gooey and delicious.
What Type Of Chocolate Chips Should You Use for Rice Krispie Treats
I used the mini chocolate chips. They were the perfect size to go with these treats.
Also, I highly suggest using dark chocolate if you can find the chips in the mini size. I try to use dark chocolate every chance I get.
However, the semi-sweet chocolate chips work wonderfully.
When To Add Chocolate Chips To Rice Krispie Treats
Adding chocolate chips to sweet crispy treats is easy.
Simply make your favorite recipe – which of course I highly suggest you try my amazing recipe – then add the chocolate chips to the tops of the rice krispie treats while they cool in the dish.
You do not want to mix the chips into the treats while they cook, this will not yield the same delicious treats.
How To Make Chocolate Chip Rice Krispie Treats
If you are needing some help when making these delicious treats, check out these tips for making the best rice krispie treats.Print
Enjoy these irresistible rice krispie treats with chocolate chips on top!
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 8 cups of mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 6 cups of Rice Krispie Cereal
- mini chocolate chips
- Slowly melt the butter in a large pan, low heat.
- Once butter is melted, add vanilla and 6 cups of marshmallows. Melt the marshmallows slowly.
- Right before the marshmallows are fully melted, add milk and the other 2 cups of marshmallows. Stir until the added marshmallows are starting to melt. (we don’t want them fully melt so you will have a lumpy fluff)
- Add the Rice Krispie Cereal. Stir until the cereal is fully coated with the marshmallow fluff.
- Dump into an 8 x 11 greased dish. Use a greased spatula to spread out the treats and press down just a bit (you don’t want them to so compacted that they become rock hard).
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips on top of the treats and press down gently to make them stay on.
- Allow to fully cool before cutting and serving.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 22 g
- Sodium: 144.5 mg
- Fat: 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
- Trans Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.2 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 1.9 g
- Cholesterol: 10.4 mg
Keywords: chocolate chip rice krispie treats, rice krispie treats with chocolate chips