My son has been wanting some rice krispie treats again. They are his favorite treat and he loves to help me count out the cups of marshmallows needed for the recipe.
We are always trying to change them up so we don’t get too bored with them. I was wanting a little bit of chocolate so this time we topped the treats with mini chocolate chips.
This recipe is modified this treat recipe. Ever since I made that recipe, I can’t go back to the original recipe. They are just so gooey and delicious. Plus they are perfect for the kids since they are not hard.
Chocolate Chip Rice Krispie Treats
If you are needing some help when making these delicious treats, check out these tips for making the best rice krispie treats.Print
Delicious gooey rice krispie treats topped with mini chocolate chips makes for a great dessert for the family.
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 8 cups of mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 6 cups of Rice Krispie Cereal
- mini chocolate chips
- Slowly melt the butter in a large pan, low heat.
- Once butter is melted, add vanilla and 6 cups of marshmallows. Melt the marshmallows slowly.
- Right before the marshmallows are fully melted, add milk and the other 2 cups of marshmallows. Stir until the added marshmallows are starting to melt. (we don’t want them fully melt so you will have a lumpy fluff)
- Add the Rice Krispie Cereal. Stir until the cereal is fully coated with the marshmallow fluff.
- Dump into an 8 x 11 greased dish. Use a greased spatula to spread out the treats and press down just a bit (you don’t want them to so compacted that they become rock hard).
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips on top of the treats and press down gently to make them stay on.
- Allow to fully cool before cutting and serving.