Delicious toffee rice krispie treats topped with dark chocolate! YUM! These gourmet rice krispie treats have a hint of toffee and they are absolutely divine!
After Mary Jane commented on my Best Rice Krispie Treats posts about how she likes to add toffee chips to her treats, I had to give it a try!
Per her suggestion, I got the chips without the chocolate. I ended up picking up Heath Bits O’ Brickle Toffee Bits.
Of course, since it was toffee, I had to add some dark chocolate to the top. YUM!
Toffee Rice Krispie Treats
These rice krispie treats have the perfect amount of toffee flavor and it is all tied together with delicious dark chocolate.
My family loves the treats and they will be gone fast!
Tip: Did you know you can buy many of your grocery items on amazon! I love shopping there so I don’t have to drag the kids to the store.
Delicious toffee flavored Rice Krispie Treats with a layer of dark chocolate on top!
- In a large pot, melt the butter.
- When the butter has melted, add marshmallows, toffee bits, and milk. Stir until marshmallows are melted.
- Add the Rice Krispie cereal. Stir until the cereal is fully coated.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Use a greased spatula to pat down the treats and spread it around.
- Melt the dark chocolate melting wafers according to the instructions.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the treats. Use a spatula to help spread the chocolate over the treats.
- Allow the chocolate to cool and harden before cutting and serving.
- Makes roughly 15 treats, depending on the size of the treats.