Muffins are a favorite item for breakfast and brunches. These lemon blueberry muffins are so delicious and perfect served warm with a bit of butter on them!
My absolute favorite muffin is a blueberry muffin. This time, when making these delicious muffins I added a lemon twist.
How to Make Lemon Muffins from Scratch
Combine the sugar, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest and milk in a large mixing bowl.
Then, fold in the flour, salt, and baking powder.
Then gently, add the fresh blueberries.
Now add the muffin batter to the muffin pan. Fill them about 3/4 full.
Bake and allow to cool before removing them from the pan.
Enjoy these delicious muffins! (I like them while they are still warm – YUM!)
Prepworks by Progressive Dome Lid Citrus JuicerZester, Raniaco Stainless Steel Grater, Cheese, Lemon, Ginger & Potato Zester with Plastic Cover, Long Ergonomic Handle with Rubber BaseWhisk Wiper – Wipe a Whisk Easily – Multipurpose Kitchen Tool, Made In USA – Includes 11Delicious Blueberry Lemon Muffins! Mmmmmm.Click To Tweet
Tip: Did you know you can buy many of your grocery items on amazon! I love shopping on there so I don’t have to drag the kids to the store.Print
Delicious blueberry muffins with a twist of lemon!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk or half and half
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (you could also substitute applesauce)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 12 count muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Combine the sugar, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, and milk in a large mixing bowl.
- Fold in the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add in the fresh blueberries gently and fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.