Egg, Sausage, and Queso Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
This post is sponsored by ConAgra via Mode Media. All opinions are my own.
This Egg, Sausage, and Queso Breakfast Sandwich is the perfect grilled recipe for breakfast!
The weather has finally decided it is going to stay warm! Know what that means? It is time to get out the grill!
In the Midwest, the spring and summer months mean relaxing with family and friends while food is being prepared on the grill.
I am always looking for new ideas for cooking out on the grill. When I saw the recipe for the Egg, Sausage, and Queso Breakfast Sandwich from Chef Billy Parisi, I knew I would have to try it out.
These little breakfast sandwiches are the perfect thing to start your day. They may look little, but they are packed with big flavor.
The Queso sets everything off. I did add some shredded cheddar cheese to Chef Billy’s biscuit recipe and they turned out pretty tasty.
These Egg, Sausage, and Queso Breakfast Sandwiches would be perfect for camping. You could bake your biscuits before you go on your trip.
Melt your Queso before you go as well so it will only need to be reheated. Then, when you wake up in the morning, you only need to make the eggs and sausages over the fire.
The perfect thing you need to get you started for your busy day of hiking or rafting.
Egg, Sausage, and Queso Breakfast Sandwich
The perfect way to start your day!
Egg, Sausage, and Queso Breakfast Sandwich
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 10 tablespoons ice cold unsalted butter shredded
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 pounds pasteurized prepared cheese product cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cans 10 ounces each RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 10 eggs
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 pound Odem's Tennessee Pride® Mild Country Sausage cut into 10 slices
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, shredded butter, green onions, salt, and shredded cheese. Then form a well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk and eggs.
- Pour the eggs and milk into the well of the dry ingredients.
- Mix together with a fork.
- Sprinkle some flour on a clean surface and roll out your dough so it is 1 inch thick.
- Use a circle cookie cutter that is about 2 inches wide to cut out the biscuits.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees.
- In a large pan, add the cheese product, RO*TEL®, and cream cheese. Cook on low heat until it is melted.
- Grill the sausage patties on the grill until they are thoroughly cooked.
- In a large cast iron skillet, melt 3/4 of your butter and cook your eggs to the desired doneness. Add the remainder of the butter as needed while cooking your eggs.
- Cut your biscuit in half. Place a sausage patty on the bottom half of the biscuit. Add your egg and then add some of the Queso dip. Top it off with the top half of your biscuit.
Since it is the beginning of grilling season, what is (or will be) the first thing you grill this year?
Visit www.forkful.com for additional recipe ideas, grilling tips and inspiration.
My husband will love this recipe! All his favorites rolled into one yummy looking dish. Thank you!
You’re welcome Jodie. They were very tasty!
Queso is a type of spicy dip? Egg and sausage sandwiches are always good, so I imagine a spicy dip would make it even tastier.
Yes it is. The Queso makes the sandwiches really tasty.
Holy Cow! These look amazing!
These look great! Copying the recipe now.
OMG! This will my cheat breakfast! Pinned :D
This looks super easy and good. I can totally manage this recipe ;). By boyfriend is a southern boy who loves his sausage and biscuits in the morning. I’m definitely trying this!
This sounds so good. Will definitely have to try this.
Yummy! This sounds perfect for breakfast! Hubby would love this recipe!
I’m so absolutely ashamed it never occurred to me to do this with queso. What an amazing idea! I’m so excited to try this and dazzle my family.
I love anything made with Rotel -makes any plain thing taste so much better! Thanks for linking up with us at the #homematters linky party! We hope you join us again!!!
Oh, these look tasty! What a great way to wake up on a Saturday morning… YUM! Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty – we’re looking forward to what you have to share next week. :)
Life With Lorelai
I do it a little differently, but that’s just the Texas in me. Open the biscuits on a plate, top with sausage or bacon. top that with poached, fried or scrambled eggs. top that with Queso. VIOLA Texican eggs benedict or billy bob as my kids named it.
Sounds pretty good to me! Yum!