Slow cooker cajun chicken alfredo is a savory dish for pasta night! Let the slow cooker work it’s magic to make this perfect spicy dinner for your family.
If you love a bit of spice with your Alfredo pasta, you need to try this recipe. It is one of my favorite pasta recipes.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I chose Cajun style over the traditional Alfredo simply because I wanted a bit of spice.
Sometimes, Alfredo can be bland. However, this recipe is far from bland.
It is full of wonderful flavors.
Using the slow cooker for this recipe takes it from complicated to extremely easy. And I love easy recipes!
Tips for using your Slow Cooker for Cajun Chicken Alfredo
These are a few tips that I have for cooking this dish in your crock pot.
Know your slow cooker
Not all slow cookers cook the same. I know that my crock pot cooks hotter than most and I adjust recipes accordingly.
Watch your food the first time cooking
If I am trying a new recipe in my slow cooker, I cook it on a day that I will be home so that I can keep an eye on the food. Goes back to knowing your slow cooker above. Then when you make it in the future, you know exactly how the dish will perform.
Using a different Cajun Seasoning
Depending on the seasoning you choose, you may want to cut out the salt. The seasoning could have more salt than the one I used. A person can always salt to taste after the dish is cooked.
My Best Tip – Shredding Chicken
If you do not want to cut your chicken into bite sized chunks and feel like shredding the chicken, I have a wonderful tip for you!
Since the chicken has cooked in the slow cooker, it should be tender. The best way to shred chicken put the chicken breast in a large bowl and use your hand mixer. It makes quick work of shredding chicken.
Frozen or Thawed Chicken
I used frozen chicken to make this recipe and it turned out great. If you choose to use frozen, use the recipe as the card says.
If you use thawed chicken, you may need to lower your cook time.
With thawed chicken, apply the Cajun seasoning by placing the chicken breasts into a large bag along with the Cajun seasoning.
Close the bag and shake to coat the chicken breasts with the Cajun Seasoning.
What to serve with your pasta
When serving this creamy chicken pasta, make sure to also serve garlic bread. They go hand-in-hand.
Of course, a nice glass of wine goes wonderfully with it as well, but optional.
How to store Cajun Chicken Alfredo
If you have leftovers, store them in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Savory Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken Alfredo Recipe
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts (if they are not frozen see post on how to prepare)
- 4 teaspoons Cajun Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces Pene Noodles
- Parmesan Cheese – Optional for topping
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover the chicken with the Cajun seasoning.
- Add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the Penne Noodles.
- Cook on high.
- After about 2.5 hours, check the chicken. If it is cooked, take the chicken out and cut into bite sized chunks and place back into the slow cooker.
- Add the Penne noodles at this time.
- Once the Penne noodles are fully cooked, it is time to serve!
- When serving, top with grated Parmesan cheese.