When Wente Vineyards asked me to pair a delicious recipe that paired well with one of their wines, my mind instantly went to pasta. I just love pasta and wine together.
Wente Vineyards has a lovely Chardonnay called Morning Fog Chardonnay. It goes perfectly with this Cajun Chicken Alfredo recipe.
This wine and dinner combo would be perfect for any dinner with family or friends! You can use the store locator to find Wente Vineyards Wines near you.
I chose Cajun style over the traditional Alfredo simply because I wanted a bit of spice. Sometimes, Alfredo can be bland, however, this recipe is far from bland. It is full of wonderful flavors.
Using the slow cooker for this recipe takes it from complicated to extremely easy. And I love easy recipes!
This recipe does not require you to thaw out the chicken breasts. I placed mine in the slow cooker frozen.
If you did choose to thaw your chicken out, apply the Cajun seasoning by placing the chicken breasts into a large bag along with the seasoning. Close the bag and shake to coat the chicken breasts with the Cajun Seasoning.
When serving this dish, make sure to also serve garlic bread. They go hand-in-hand.
A few tips for having a successful dinner party:
Don’t sweat the small stuff – It is easy to nit pick everything. Don’t worry about small things or things you can not control.
Simple is best – There is no need to go over the top on everything.
Have fun – Have a great time and conversations. Stay away for topics that may induce a debate.
Don’t forget to get an extra bottle of Wente Vineyards Wine to sip on while you work hard on preparing for your guests to arrive. *wink wink
Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken Alfredo Recipe
Yield 4 people
Delicious Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken Alfredo. Packed with wonderful flavors!
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (if they are not frozen see post on how to prepare)
- 4 teaspoons of Cajun Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces of Pene Noodles
- Parmesan Cheese - Optional for topping
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover the chicken with the Cajun seasoning.
- Add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the Penne Noodles.
- Cook on high.
- After about 2.5 hours, check the chicken. If it is cooked, take the chicken out and cut into bite sized chunks and place back into the slow cooker.
- Add the Penne noodles at this time.
- Once the Penne noodles are fully cooked, it is time to serve!
- When serving, top with grated Parmesan cheese.
Important Tip: Yes, there is enough liquid in the recipe to cook the pasta. However, you will need to keep an eye on the pasta and stir it around. Once the pasta is done and the sauce is to the thickness you like, turn off the slow cooker or turn to "keep warm". You do not want to burn the noodles.
Courses Main Dish
What recipe would you pair with Wente Vineyards Morning Fog Chardonnay?