Slow cooker cajun chicken alfredo is a savory dish for pasta night! Let the slow cooker work it’s magic to make this perfect spicy dinner for your family.
If you love a bit of spice with your Alfredo pasta, you need to try this recipe.
I chose Cajun style over the traditional Alfredo simply because I wanted a bit of spice.
Sometimes, Alfredo can be bland, however, this recipe is far from bland.
It is full of wonderful flavors.
Using the slow cooker for this recipe takes it from complicated to extremely easy. And I love easy recipes!
There is no need to thaw out your chicken beforehand. I placed my chicken in the slow cooker frozen.
If you do choose to thaw your chicken out, apply the Cajun seasoning by placing the chicken breasts into a large bag along with the Cajun seasoning.
Close the bag and shake to coat the chicken breasts with the Cajun Seasoning.
When serving this dish, make sure to also serve garlic bread. They go hand-in-hand.
Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken Alfredo Recipe
A delicious meal perfect for dinner time or dinner guests!Print
Savory Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken Alfredo. Packed with wonderful flavors!
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (if they are not frozen see post on how to prepare)
- 4 teaspoons of Cajun Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces of Pene Noodles
- Parmesan Cheese – Optional for topping
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover the chicken with the Cajun seasoning.
- Add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the Penne Noodles.
- Cook on high.
- After about 2.5 hours, check the chicken. If it is cooked, take the chicken out and cut into bite sized chunks and place back into the slow cooker.
- Add the Penne noodles at this time.
- Once the Penne noodles are fully cooked, it is time to serve!
- When serving, top with grated Parmesan cheese.
Important Tip: Yes, there is enough liquid in the recipe to cook the pasta. However, you will need to keep an eye on the pasta and stir it around. Once the pasta is done and the sauce is to the thickness you like, turn off the slow cooker or turn to “keep warm”. You do not want to burn the noodles.
Keywords: slow cooker cajun chicken alfredo