The weather finally dipped down to frost-level here in the Midwest this week, and with that chill came my urge to get out the crock pot. There’s something about fall that makes me want to get out my slow cooker recipe collections and come up with quick and easy comfort foods for my family.
Image Credit: Robyn Mackenzie via Shutterstock
Slow cooker recipes are perfect for on-the-go parents, or when you have to get some things done around the house and don’t want to have to worry about standing over the stove. Plus, many of these recipes are soups, stews, and amazingly tasty comfort foods. I hope you find something you’ll enjoy!
Slow Cooker Recipes to Warm The Soul
1. Easy Crock Pot Lasagna – Midwestern Moms
Lasagna is delicious, but lasagna in a crock pot is a great way to not have to turn the oven on and heat up the house. A great recipe that my family loves.
2. Easy Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Recipe: Bob Evans Copy Cat – Midwestern Moms
We love going to Bob Evans, however it’s a bit too far away these days. This chicken noodle dinner reminds us of their classic dish, and we can enjoy it in the comfort of our own home.
3. Hearty Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup – Midwestern Moms
A hearty slow cooker vegetable soup is a huge favorite for the family, as the flavor is so robust, as the red bell pepper, smoked paprika, and red pepper flakes really add that kick.
4. Slow Cooker Chicken and Mushroom Stroganoff – The Recipe Critic
A quick and easy meal for the family, or if you are feeling like a movie and some serious comfort food. This creamy dish has minimal ingredients, but looks oh so delicious.
5. Slow Cooker Cheesy Bacon Cauliflower – 365 Days of Slow Cooking
Though bacon and cauliflower are two of my favorites, I would’ve never paired them together. However, this dish looks delightful. Be sure to check out the other slow cooker recipes on this site!
6. Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak – Spend With Pennies
Salisbury steak served over mashed potatoes is quite possibly one of my favorite comfort foods. What an easy way to make the steak tender and melt in your mouth.
7. Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken – Lemon Tree Dwelling
This dish is great to make up and serve over sandwich buns. The slaw topping looks like the perfect addition to this hearty sandwich.
8. Crockpot Chicken Gnocchi Soup – Pinch of Yum
Soups are something that I crave during fall, and this chicken gnocchi looks wonderful. Yum!
9. Slow Cooker Cheesy Rice and Chicken Casserole – Mandy’s Recipe Box
I think this is one the kids would really enjoy. They love cheesy rice, so this fix it and forget it casserole will be a nice addition to our meal routines.
10. Crock Pot Baked Potatoes – Well Plated
I rarely think of using the crock pot for baked potatoes, but this would be a perfect way to cook up several, and not have to turn on the oven! Some days, we don’t need all that extra heat in the kitchen. Also, check out the buffalo chicken sweet potatoes on this blog. YUM!
11. Slow Cooker Beer Mac & Cheese – Slow Cooker Gourmet
Finding this recipe has made me super happy. Not only do I love a great mac and cheese recipe, but an easy one at that? Sold! The addition of the beer flavor is one that I can’t wait to try.
12. Slow Cooker General Tso’s Chicken – Chef Savvy
One of my favorite dishes created in the slow cooker in under four hours? I’m going to have to test this recipe out next week. Who needs takeout when you can make this delicious meal at home?
13. Italian Red Wine Roast Beef – Barefeet in the Kitchen
Roast beef in the crock pot is my favorite. You can use it for sandwiches, to serve over mashed potatoes, or by itself. I’ve never tried adding wine before, so I’m excited to make this recipe.
14. Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowl – Number 2 Pencil
Burrito bowls are my new favorite way to eat burritos. I’ve never been much of a tortilla fan, and love the layering of these dishes. This one looks amazingly simple and delicious.
15. Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread – Crazy for Crust
Here’s one for breakfast! Having people over? What a great way to let your breakfast cook and enjoy your company at the same time!
16. Slow Cooker Chicken and Corn Chowder – Damn Delicious
This creamy soup filled with veggies looks very tasty. This dish also looks low in calories, for those looking for a healthier option.
17. Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes – Cooking Classy
Mashed potatoes are one of my favorite dishes this time of year. These creamy garlic potatoes would be great served with a roast for fall. Delicious!
18. Honey Buffalo Meatballs – Carlsbad Cravings
These would be great meatballs for tailgating weather. Perfect to eat plain, or add to a sandwich. I’m sure the buffalo flavor is amazing with the honey. Fairly quick to make also for a slow cooker recipe.
19. Slow Cooker Chicken Pho – The Lemon Bowl
Pho is something I’ve grown to like over the past year. Knowing that this can be made fast and easy in the slow cooker just made my day!
20. Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup – Like Mother Like Daughter
I’ve been a long-time fan of taco soups, but this enchilada soup looks fantastic. What an easy dinner to throw in the slow cooker and have ready when the kids get home from school.
21. Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Cider – The Recipe Rebel
I had to throw a drink recipe in the mix. I often make cider in my crock pot, but I’ve never done the cranberry apple cider before. This looks like something I’d enjoy sitting around a warm fire.
How do you like to use your slow cooker for easy meal ideas?