Perfect delicious rice krispie treats for LEGO enthusiast! These LEGO Rice Krispie Treats are a simple treat to make for birthday parties or for a tasty dessert.
My son turned 6 this month and we had a LEGO themed party for him. He loves all things LEGO. (Need LEGO Party Supplies?)
When I found these LEGO inspired silicone molds, I had to get them and see what all I could make with them.
Of course rice krispie treats where number one on my list to make with the large figure mold.
How to Create LEGO Figure Rice Krispie Treats
Before you start, make sure you have these 4 items handy:
After making your treats, it is time to mold them. Grab the large figure silicone molds.
Before putting any of the treats in the molds, spray the insides with non-stick spray. This will allow the treats to come of the molds easier.
As you work, you may need to re-spray the molds when the treats start to stick.
Using a spoon dip out some of the treat mixture and put it in the molds. Spray a spatula with non-stick spray and use it to press the treats into the shapes.
After you have them filled, gently push the figures out from the mold and lay them on wax paper.
Work quickly to get all the figures formed. As the treat mixture cools, it will be harder to work with.
I as able to make 21 figures from my batch of treats.
Now comes the fun part.
Place wax paper on the large cookie sheet. Lay some of the treats on the wax paper, however spread them out. You do not want them too close together.
Why use a cookie sheet? I found out that the color mist will bleed through the wax paper. YIKES! So a cookie sheet will protect your surfaces.
I used the cling wrap to cover the areas I didn’t want be yellow. So I covered the shirt and the legs. I cut small sections of the cling wrap to do this.
Then I sprayed the head and hands yellow.
Repeat the process for the shirt and pants. I used the cling wrap to cover the areas of the figure I didn’t want whatever color I was using.
Make sure you let me them dry completely before putting the treats away. I found it was best to make these the day before they are needed.
Super Cute LEGO Rice Krispie Treats!Click To Tweet
LEGO Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
Easy recipe to make delicious LEGO figure rice krispie treats.
LEGO Rice Krispie Treats
Yield 21 treats
Perfect treats for a LEGO Enthusiast! Great for parties or dessert.
- Slowly melt the butter in a large pan, low heat.
- Once butter is melted, add vanilla and 6 cups of marshmallows. Melt the marshmallows slowly.
- Right before the marshmallows are fully melted, add milk and the other 2 cups of marshmallows. Stir until the added marshmallows are starting to melt. (we don't want them fully melt so you will have a lumpy fluff)
- Add the Rice Krispie Cereal. Stir until the cereal is fully coated with the marshmallow fluff.
- Spray the molds with non-stick spray.
- Using a spoon add some treat mixture to the mold and use a spatula (sprayed with non-stick spray) to press the treats into the molds.
- Gently remove the treats from the molds and place on wax paper. Work quickly to form all the treats before they cool.
- Line a large cookie sheet with wax paper. Lay some figures on the sheet leaving room between them.
- Cover the areas with cling wrap that you don't want to be the color you are using. Then spray the area. (See post for clearer instructions.)
- Repeat #9 for each color spray. Remember to cover the areas you don't want spray.
- Allow to air dry before storing.
- If you are making these for a party, I highly suggest do these the day before to allow for then to sit out and air dry.
Adding color to the treats is optional. It is ok to leave them the natural rice krispie treat color if you wish.