Tired of hard rice krispie treats? I played around with the original rice krispie treat recipe to come up with a recipe that is ooey gooey goodness!
It is the Best Rice Krispie Treat Recipe, trust me!
I got tired of my rice krispie treats scraping the top of my mouth. You know what I am talking about, they can be dry and hard to chew sometimes.
Don’t worry, I have solved the problem!
After messing around with a couple of ideas I have seen, I came up with the Best Rice Krispie Treat Recipe EVER! You will love them, trust me.
The secret, is adding milk. It makes the melted marshmallows creamier and easier to coat the cereal.
I also used more marshmallows than I normally have. I split the marshmallows up as well so they are not all melted at once.
I don’t fully melt the second batch of marshmallows and that is what gives you pockets of ooey gooey marshmallow goodness.The BEST Rice Krispie Treat Recipe EVER! It is ooey Gooey Perfection!Click To Tweet
Make sure you check out all these unique Rice Krispie Treats! I have 4th of July, Bird Nests, Sailboats, Ghosts and so much more!
The BEST Rice Krispie Treat Recipe EVER!
The BEST Rice Krispie Treat Recipe EVER! These treats are ooey gooey goodness!
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 8 cups of mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 6 cups of Rice Krispie Cereal
- Slowly melt the butter in a large pan, low heat.
- Once butter is melted, add vanilla and 6 cups of marshmallows. Melt the marshmallows slowly.
- Right before the marshmallows are fully melted, add milk and the other 2 cups of marshmallows. Stir until the added marshmallows are starting to melt. (we don't want them fully melt so you will have a lumpy fluff)
- Add the Rice Krispie Cereal. Stir until the cereal is fully coated with the marshmallow fluff.
- Dump into an 8 x 11 greased dish. Use a greased spatula to spread out the treats and press down just a bit (you don't want them to so compacted that they become rock hard).
- Allow to fully cool before cutting and serving.
Depending on how you cut the treats will determine how many a batch will make.
You Are Also Going To Love:
Studies have shown if you loved this Rice Krispie Treat Recipe, you are going to love the following articles. Just click on the photos to view the articles.