Tired of hard rice krispie treats? I modified the original rice krispie treat recipe to create the best rice krispie treat recipe ever!
Trust me, it is ooey gooey goodness!
I got tired of my rice krispie treats scraping the top of my mouth. You know what I am talking about, they can be dry and hard to chew sometimes.
Don’t worry, I have solved the problem!
After few trials with a couple of ideas I have seen, I came up with the Best Rice Krispie Treat Recipe EVER! You will love them, trust me.
How To Make Rice Krispie Treats
The secret is adding milk. It makes the melted marshmallows creamier and easier to coat the cereal.
I also used more marshmallows than I normally have. I split the marshmallows up as well so they are not all melted at once.
I don’t fully melt the second batch of marshmallows and that is what gives you pockets of ooey gooey marshmallow goodness.The BEST Rice Krispie Treat Recipe EVER! It is ooey Gooey Perfection!Click To Tweet
Another thing I have learned, use Pyrex dishes that come with lids. Easy to put away! No messing with cling wrap.
Using a good spatula sprayed with non-stick spray will help you get the treats evenly spread throughout the dish without getting sticky.
Need more tips? Check out these tips and frequently asked questions.
The Best Rice Krispie Treats Recipe Ever
After making this recipe, you won’t want to go back to original recipe.
The treats are so delicious that your family will keep wanting more!
Did you know you can buy many of your grocery items on amazon!
I love shopping on there so I don’t have to drag the kids to the store.
Plus if you are a Prime Member, you get free 2-day shipping!
Not a member? Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial!
The BEST Rice Krispie Treat Recipe EVER!
The BEST Rice Krispie Treat Recipe EVER! These treats are ooey gooey goodness!
- Slowly melt the butter in a large pan, low heat.
- Once butter is melted, add vanilla and 6 cups of marshmallows. Melt the marshmallows slowly.
- Right before the marshmallows are fully melted, add milk and the other 2 cups of marshmallows. Stir until the added marshmallows are starting to melt. (we don't want them fully melt so you will have a lumpy fluff)
- Add the Rice Krispie Cereal. Stir until the cereal is fully coated with the marshmallow fluff.
- Dump into an 8 x 11 greased dish. Use a greased spatula to spread out the treats and press down just a bit (you don't want them to so compacted that they become rock hard).
- Allow to fully cool before cutting and serving.
Depending on how you cut the treats will determine how many a batch will make.
Need ideas for molding shapes or dressing the treats for a party? See below the recipe in the post.
Also, below the recipe in the post are variations of Rice Krispie Treats!