These little rice krispie nests are perfect for Spring Time and Easter. Simple to make and people of any age will enjoy them.
Don’t worry, these treats look like they would be difficult but they really are not.
How to Make Rice Krispie Bird Nests
After making your rice krispie treats (without putting them in a pan), you will need to work on forming the nests before the treats cool and harden.
The secret to forming the nests: use a cupcake tin.
Grease the insides of the cupcake tin with a non-stick spray.
Then spoon a bit of the rice krispie treats into the cupcake tin, and press down in the middle to create a nest.
You do need to work fairly quickly so that the treats in the pan do not harden before you get to make them into bird nests.
Once they have hardened, take the nests out and fill them with some candy eggs and top them with a Peep.
Rice Krispie Nests Recipe
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 10 oz Mini Marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Robin Eggs Candy
- Chick Peeps
- Melt butter in a large pan.
- Add Marshmallows – Stirring often so they don’t burn.
- Once melted, add the Rice Krispies. Stir until blended well.
- Spoon the mixture into greased cupcake tins. Press down the treats and use a greased spoon to make a dip in the nest.
- Once completed, add a few Robin Eggs candies to the nest and top with a Chick Peep.