Did you ever think you could take rice krispie treats and turn them into sailboats? Sailboat Rice Krispie Treats are a perfect summertime time treat! Perfect for a birthday, play date, or any fun get-together.
I enrolled my son to go to Vacation Bible School for the next few days. This past Sunday evening, they had a families event where all the kids and their family got together for a potluck dinner and some fun playtime outside.
The dinner was so good! Lots of great food. We needed to bring either a dessert or a side dish. I opted for a dessert and came up with these sailboat rice krispie treats.
I thought the sailboats would be fun for the kids to eat as a nice treat and it is something different from the normal recipe. Luckily, the dinner was inside.
The candy melts that were used for the sails don’t do well in the heat. As the name says, they melt.
I take my photos in our sun room since it has the best natural light. It gets very hot in there and after I was done with my photos, I had to do some repairs to my sails.
How to Make Sailboat Rice Krispie Treats
TO ASSEMBLE THE SAILS
- You will need pretzel sticks, candy melts in your color choices and toothpicks (if you do multiple colors, you will a toothpick for each color).
- The first step is to lay out some wax paper. Then to start a sail you will need 2 pretzel sticks. Keep one stick the original size and break off a small piece of the second stick. You will need to experiment on your length of the second pretzel to see what size looks best.
- After laying out your pretzels, melt your candy melts. Once melted, place in a sandwich bag and cut a small hole in one corner.
- Pipe a triangular sail and make sure 2 sides of the triangle are touching the pretzels. I added a little bit of candy melts where the 2 pretzels meet as well. I made the sails a little thick to allow for more support to hold the pretzels together. Use a toothpick to help smooth out the candy melts. Allow the candy melts to harden before removing them from the wax paper. If you want to add stripes, make sure the first color has hardened before added the stripes.
Now all you need to do is press the sail into the top of the boats. If your sails need a little bit of support you can smush the rice krispie treats around the pretzel to help it out.
Supplies for Sailboat Rice Krispie Treats
Snyder’s of Hanover Pretzel Sticks – 16 ozWilton Red Candy Melts, 12-OunceWilton 1911-4320 Candy Melts, 12-Ounce, Royal BlueWilton 1911-1300 Candy Melts, Bright WhiteHanamal Bamboo Wooden Toothpicks 2 packs of 500 pcs = 1000 pcsKellogg’s Rice Krispies, 24 OunceJet Puffed Miniature Marshmallows – 16 OuncesCute Sailboat Rice Krispie Treats!Click To Tweet
Sailboat Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
Perfect treats for summer or a child’s party!
Sailboat Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
Cute sailboat treats that would be perfect for a party!
- 3 tbs of butter
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 10 oz bag of mini marshmallows
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
- Pretzel sticks
- Candy Melts
- In a large pot, melt your butter.
- Once melted, add your vanilla extract and your marshmallows.
- Stir until the marshmallows are melted.
- Add in your cereal.
- Stir until it is all mixed thoroughly.
- Put your mixture in a 13 x 9 grease dish.
- Using a greased spoon or your hand with a bit of non-stick spray, press your treats into the pan.
- Allow to cool before cutting into your boat shapes.
- Assemble your sails (see notes).
To find out how to make the sails for the boats. Please refer to the original post.
More Rice Krispie Treats
- The BEST Rice Krispie Treat Recipe EVER!
- Chocolate Chip Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- 4th Of July Rice Krispie Treats
- Ice Cream Sundae Rice Krispie Treats
You Are Also Going To Love:
Studies have shown if you loved this Sailboat Rice Krispie Treats Recipe, you are going to love the following articles. Just click on the photos to view the articles.