- Have A Routine – I am a huge believer in baby routines. My babies knew what to expect and most importantly, I knew what they needed. I would know about when they would be hungry or want to have a nap which would take some stress off of me. I could set a clock to my first son’s routine which was great. I knew when to schedule doctor appointments and other trips. Disrupting the routine is fine, we all have to do it sometimes.
- Let Them Sleep – I am big on my kids taking naps. Yes, even my oldest still takes naps most of the time and he is 4 years old. Their little minds and bodies need to rest to recharge and grow. I was one to let my child wake me in the night for feedings. I just do not like waking up a child. A well rested child is a happy child. If you need assistance, Gerber® Good Start® has certified baby sleep experts to help you with your baby’s sleep routine. You will get one-on-one assistance, which is great!
- Curb Your Emotions – Babies feed off of your energy. If you are nervous or stressed, they can feel that and could feel stressed or nervous as well. When I felt this way, I had my husband take the little one while I would unwind. I would take a walk, read a little bit of a book, or even take a relaxing bath.
- Hold Your Baby and Talk To Them – I am not saying to hold them constantly as they will need to be independent as well. For a baby, they love to be wrapped in loving arms and to hear your voice. When you are not holding, just simply talking to them will reassure them that you are near.
- Love – I know, this is a given but like I said, babies can feel your emotions. Let them know how much you love them and you will be rewarded with those smiles and giggles.
These 5 tips were my formula for happiness with my 2 babies. Each baby is a little bit different. What is your formula for happiness?