I have started to dabble in essential oils. At first, I was unsure how I would use them. I do use them for relaxing and other reasons but my new love is cleaning! Seriously, cleaning. I am all about learning how to clean the house with essential oils. Of course, the first thing I wanted to try was cleaning the toilet. I didn’t have molds so I couldn’t make any fizzies, but I learned how to make a one time use homemade toilet cleaner with items I already had.
Photo Credit: Gamzova Olga | ShutterstockEasy Homemade Toilet Cleaner! Only 3 ingredients!Click To Tweet
How To Make Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 3/4 cup of white vinegar
- 3/4 cup of baking soda
- 5-6 drops of Lemon essential oil – Lemon essential oils are known for their ability to cleanse and purify the air and surfaces.
Turning the water off to your toilet, empty as much of the water as you can. I usually flush a few times then using a drinking cup, add more water to make it manually flush again. This will remove most of the water for you. Now you can do this two different ways, and each one works just fine.
- Option 1: In a large bowl, add your lemon essential oil and white vinegar. Then add your baking soda. When the fizzing starts, dump into your toilet bowl and scrub.
- Option 2: Sprinkle the baking soda in your toilet bowl. Add your lemon essential oil to your vinegar and pour the mix into your toilet bowl and scrub.
Once you are done cleaning, turn the water back on. Wait till the water is full again and flush.
This is so simple to do and you already have most of the items in your kitchen. You will be amazed at how wonderful it will smell. This is a great way of cleaning your toilet if you hate smelling the chemicals in your current toilet bowl cleaner. Trust me, once you try it, you won’t go back.
You may be interested in my Homemade Mopping Solution for Tile Floors. I also used Lemon for that as well.
If you want to know where I purchased my lemon essential oil or if you want to learn how to get your own essential oils at wholesale cost, please contact me.
More Homemade Cleaners
- How to Make Toilet Fizzies
- Homemade Window Glass Cleaner
- How to Deodorize a Stinky Garbage Disposal Naturally
- DIY Dishwasher Tabs
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.