After making my homemade toilet bowl cleaner, I decided I would try making toilet fizzies. I had to get some molds and citric acid. I already had the essential oils and the baking soda.
I used silicone candy molds to make the toilet fizzies. The silicone molds make it easy to remove the fizzies when they are dried.
A fine mist bottle is very important for these fizzies to work. You do not want to get your baking soda and citric acid mixture too wet too fast. If you do, the reaction will start and they will not work when you drop them in the toilet bowl.How to Make Toilet Fizzies!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 1/3 cup of Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup of Citric Acid
- 30 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 30 drops of Lemon Essential Oil
- 30 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
- Water as needed
- Fill your fine mist bottle with your essential oils and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the baking soda and the citric acid. Some people like to use a mask when doing this. If you do not have a mask, you can make one like I did using a towel and a clothespin. I just covered my nose and mouth and pinned it behind my head. Then your husband may ask you if you are going to rob a train. HA!
- Grab your spray bottle and start to mist the powder mixture. Don’t spray it all at once. Make a few spritzes then whisk the mixture. You know you have sprayed too much if the mixture starts to fizz.
- If you run out of the oil mixture and your isn’t wet enough to press into the molds, fill your spray bottle with some water. You will want the mixture to be wet enough that it will stick together.
- Once the mixture is ready, press it into the molds. You will want to make sure it is packed pretty good.
- Allow the fizzies to dry in the molds for several hours. I waited about 6 hours to pop mine out of the molds.
When they are dried you need to store them in an airtight container. Especially if you are going to store them in the bathroom. The steam from a shower could cause them to activate. I used a glass jar with a screw on lid and used chalkboard labels.
Drop 2-3 fizzies (depending on how big your fizzies are) into your toilet bowl and scrub. You have a clean toilet and your bathroom will smell wonderful.
WANT TO PRINT THESE INSTRUCTIONS?
Enter your email in the newsletter box below and an email will be sent with a link to where you can print.
If you are interested about the pure essential oils that I use, please contact me and I can send you a website to purchase the oils.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.