These are a fun twist to the plain rice krispie treat recipe. These Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats are topped with dark chocolate and sprinkles for a delicious treat!
Aren’t these the cutest thing?! I was so excited about how these turned out.
My son actually had fun watching me make these treats. He is three and is starting to want to help out in the kitchen.
Since this recipe is done over the stove, I had him watch. He loved observing the butter and marshmallows melt.
The strawberry rice kripsie treats recipe is just a slight variation of the original rice krispie treat recipe.
Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
Delicious rice krispie treats with a hint of strawberry flavoring and topped off with dark chocolate and sprinkles!
Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon Strawberry Extract
- Pink Coloring Gel
- 5 1/2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Dark Chocolate Wafers
- In a large pan, melt the butter.
- Add the strawberry extract, pink coloring gel, and mini marshmallows
- Once the marshmallows are melted, add the rice krispies.
- Press the mixture into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Add the sprinkles and press them down onto the treats so they stick.
- Allow the treats to cool in the pan.
- Melt some dark chocolate wafers and drizzle over the top of the treats.
- Once the treats have cooled completely, you can either cut them into squares or into heart shapes.