Conversation Hearts are an iconic Valentine’s Day Treat. So why not try and make a rice krispie treat version? Making Conversation Heart Rice Krispie Treats made a cute and fun treat, perfect for Valentine’s Day!
I decided to take the cute little sayings and place them on my best rice krispie treat recipe.
How to Make Conversation Heart Rice Krispie Treats
*Full recipe in the printable card below.
After cutting out your hearts, it is time to work on giving the hearts their pastel colors. I used Wilton Pastel Fondant.
Tip: Knead the fondant for a few minutes to soften it up before trying to roll it out.
Then using the same heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out a heart.
Usually, I make my own buttercream, but this time, I opted for store bought. Either one will work for this recipe, but you do not need much.
Spread a thin layer of buttercream over the top of the rice krispie treats.
Then place the fondant heart on top. Once the fondant has dried a bit, use a food writer pen to write your messages!
Use the fun sayings from the conversation hearts. Also, use a few different colors of fondant for the hearts.
Conversation Heart Rice Krispie Treat Recipe
Perfect treats for Valentine’s Day!Print
Conversation heart rice krispie treats are the best rice krispies treats for Valentine’s Day!
- Slowly melt the butter in a large pan, low heat.
- Once butter is melted, add vanilla and 6 cups of marshmallows. Melt the marshmallows slowly.
- Right before the marshmallows are fully melted, add milk and the other 2 cups of marshmallows. Stir until the added marshmallows are starting to melt. (we don’t want them fully melt so you will have a lumpy fluff)
- Add the Rice Krispie Cereal. Stir until the cereal is fully coated with the marshmallow fluff.
- Dump into an 9 x 13 greased dish. Use a greased spatula to spread out the treats and press down just a bit (you don’t want them to so compacted that they become rock hard).
- Allow the treats to fully cool and set up.
- Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out heart shaped treats and set aside.
- Sprinkle a flat surface with powdered sugar.
- After kneading the fondant, roll it out thinly on the powdered sugar surface.
- Using the same cookie cutter, cut out a hear shape.
- Spread a thin layer on top of the rice krispie treat.
- Lay the fondant heart over the rice krispie treat and press down gently to put it in place.
- Allow to harden a bit before writing on the hearts with the food writer. (I used a red one).
Store in air tight container.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 351
- Sugar: 40.6 g
- Sodium: 236.6 mg
- Fat: 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.1 g
- Trans Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 65.6 g
- Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 20.8 mg
Keywords: Conversation Heart Rice Krispie Treats