Delicious peach meringue cookies!! Be careful, you may not be able to stop at one cookie!
You will first start off this recipe by placing a skinned and wedged peach into a food processor. You will make a peach puree that will resemble applesauce. (See below photo)
Depending on the size of the cookie you pipe onto your baking sheet will determine how many cookies you get out of this batch. We got about 48 cookies.
Delicious Peach Meringue Cookies. Careful, you may not be able to stop at one cookie!
- 1 Peach, skinned and cut into wedges
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 drops of pink food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees
- In a blender or food processor, blend the peach wedges until the puree looks like applesauce. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer, add in the egg whites and cream of tartar.
- Mix on medium speed until soft peaks form and then increase to faster speed.
- Alternating between the sugar and powdered sugar, add in 1 Tablespoon at a time until stiff peaks form.
- Add in the peach puree, 1 Tablespoon at a time, and the pink food coloring. Continue to mix it until stiff again.
- Using a pastry bag with a star tip, pipe on the meringues onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes
Keywords: peach meringue cookies