This is the only recipe I will use for making sugar cookies. They truly are The Best Ever Sugar Cookies!
This recipe was given to me by my mother and it was handed down to her by a friend. Maybe that is why these are so good – the recipe has been passed down.
I will say, you want a stand mixer for this recipe. I would not want to tackle it mixing it by hand or even a hand mixer. It is a thick dough.
When rolling these out, you do not want to make them too thin. Having them thicker prevents burning and therefore makes a better cookie.
Also, when rolling out the cookie dough, flour is your best friend. You will need it to make sure the dough doesn’t stick to the rolling pin or the surface. Use the flour generously.
Sugar cookies are great decorated with Royal Icing or without. The boys love to eat them even when there isn’t icing on the cookies.
I normally whip out this recipe for the holidays. It makes a large a number of cookies and I love giving them out as part of gifts.
Best Ever Sugar Cookie RecipePrint
The Best Sugar Cookie Recipe ever! It makes a large batch, perfect for the holidays.
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 Eggs, well beaten
- 6 cups of Flour
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- In a stand mixer, cream sugar and butter.
- In a small bowl, combine the baking soda and sour cream.
- Add the sour cream mixture to the butter mixture and mix until blended.
- Add vanilla and eggs, mix until blended.
- Sift the flour and baking powder.
- Add the flour little by little and mix until well blended.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface and cut out the cookies.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Allow to cool before decorating.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 109
- Sugar: 6.7 g
- Sodium: 28 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.5 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 1.9 g
- Cholesterol: 18.8 mg
Keywords: sugar cookies, best sugar cookies,