Since Halloween is coming up, I thought it would be fun to make a handprint bat craft with my son. Easy to make and it works on several skills for school!
When kids work on this craft, they will be improving on the following skills:
- Tracing – For more tracing practice, check out these Tracing Shapes worksheets.
- Scissor Skills – If your child needs more scissor practice, check out these worksheets: Lines and Shapes
- Using Glue
- Color recognition
- Holding a pencil – need help on teaching your child to hold a pencil?
Handprint Bat Craft Instructions
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Black construction paper
- Blue construction paper
- Yellow construction paper
- Glue – either the glue stick or Elmer’s works. We used both so the paper didn’t have ripples but used Elmer’s for the eyes
- Googly eyes (2)
Step 1: Have your child place their hand on the black construction paper and using the pencil (or chalk) trace around their hands. Repeat with the opposite hand.
Step 2: Cut the hands out.
Step 3: Cut a circle for the body of the bat and a smaller one for the head out of the black construction paper. However, make sure the size of the head fits the googly eyes.
Step 4: Cut a moon out of the yellow construction paper.
Step 5: Glue the moon onto your blue construction paper.
Step 6: Glue the hands onto the blue construction paper. Leave a gap for the body.
Step 7: Glue the body between the hands.
Step 8: Glue the head on top of the body.
Step 9: Glue the googly eyes onto the head.
If you are looking for more Halloween Kids Crafts, check out this HUGE List!
You Are Also Going To Love:
Studies have shown if you loved this Handprint Bat Craft, you are going to love the following articles. Just click on the image to go to the article.