Fun shape tracing worksheets perfect to get your child ready for Kindergarten!
My son will be going to school soon and being able to draw shapes is an important skill he will need to know. He does pretty good with drawing circle and squares but needs some more practice with the rest. Since he loved the Types of Clouds Worksheets I made, I decided to create shape tracing worksheets.
Tips for using these shape tracing worksheets:
- Explain how each shape looks.
- Have them slowly trace the shapes and try very hard to stay on the line. If your child is like mine, he tries to get them done as fast as he can, which is why I try to make him trace slowly. I think he can concentrate better if he goes slowly.
- Practice proper pencil holding while working on these worksheets. If you need help explaining, I recommend reading this article from Sight and Sound Reading on How to Teach Your Child to Hold a Pencil Correctly.
Free Shape Tracing Worksheets
To get your free shape tracing worksheets, enter your email in the newsletter box below. Once entered, an email will be sent to you with the link to the printable and you will be subscribed to our newsletter.
More Educational Worksheets
- Types of Clouds
- Hand Print Turkey
- Scissor Practice Worksheets: Cutting Shapes
- Preschool Scissor Practice Worksheets