This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Breyers. All opinions are 100% mine.
A delicious summertime treat with caramelized figs, toasted hazelnuts and vanilla ice cream.
To help celebrate Breyers 150th birthday, I recreated this Spice Roasted Figs with Hazelnuts and Vanilla Ice Cream by Chef Curtis Stone and his wife, Lindsay Price Stone.
Breyers® has actually partnered with Chef Curtis Stone and his wife to create 12 delicious recipes that feature Breyers® Natural Vanilla. Each recipe is inspired by every month of the year! You now have a reason to eat ice cream every month!
I have to admit, I had an interesting time trying to find the figs and hazelnuts for this recipe as they are seasonal ingredients. Figs are in season during June and August-October. I found out that the local and big chain stores only carry figs during these certain times of the year. I made this recipe in early August, so I had to get these two ingredients at a specialty grocery store.
I also had a great learning experience with this recipe. I could only find raw hazelnuts. So I learned how to blanch and toast them myself. If you need to know how to this as well, learn how here.
Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream has a great flavor due to the fact that the vanilla is real and are sustainably farmed, Rainforest Alliance Certified™ vanilla beans. Also, they only source milk cream from cows that are not treated with artificial growth hormones.*Print
Delicious Spiced Roasted Figs and hazelnuts served over vanilla ice cream.
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 8 ripe figs
- 1 1/3 cups of Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup of blanched and toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- Position broiler rack 6 inches from heat source and preheat broiler. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the spices.
- Halve your figs and place them cut side down into the spices.
- Then coat figs a second time with sugar mixture and arrange cut side up on baking sheet.
- Broil the figs for about 4 minutes. They spices should start to caramelize and the fig juices will start to ooze.
- Divide figs among 4 bowls. Spoon the Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream into each bowl and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
Figs are best served warm with the ice cream.
Keywords: Spice Roasted Figs with Hazelnuts and Vanilla Ice Cream
*Suppliers of other ingredients such as cookies, candies & sauces may not be able to make this pledge. The FDA states that no significant difference has been shown between dairy derived from rBST-treated and non-rBST treated cows.