A delicious summertime treat with caramelized figs, toasted hazelnuts, and vanilla ice cream.
I recreated this Spice Roasted Figs with Hazelnuts and Vanilla Ice Cream by Chef Curtis Stone and his wife, Lindsay Price Stone.
I have to admit, I had an interesting time trying to find the figs and hazelnuts for this recipe as they are seasonal ingredients. Figs are in season during June and August-October. I found out that the local and big chain stores only carry figs during these certain times of the year. I made this recipe in early August, so I had to get these two ingredients at a specialty grocery store.
I also had a great learning experience with this recipe. I could only find raw hazelnuts. So I learned how to blanch and toast them myself. If you need to know how to do this as well, learn how here.
Spice Roasted Figs with Hazelnuts and Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 8 ripe figs
- 1 1/3 cups Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup blanched and toasted hazelnuts coarsely chopped
- Position broiler rack 6 inches from heat source and preheat broiler. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the spices.
- Halve your figs and place them cut side down into the spices.
- Then coat figs a second time with sugar mixture and arrange cut side up on baking sheet.
- Broil the figs for about 4 minutes. They spices should start to caramelize and the fig juices will start to ooze.
- Divide figs among 4 bowls. Spoon the Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream into each bowl and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
You May Also Like:
- How To Blanch Hazelnuts
- Snow Ice Cream
- Apple Pie Cake Recipe
- Easy Bruschetta Recipe with Fresh Figs and Goat Cheese
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.