You don’t even have to turn on the oven to make this ladybug cookies recipe!!!
I wanted to make some simple cookies for the boys. Due to time constraints, I didn’t want to bake cookies.
So, I went to the pantry and grabbed up the Vanilla Wafers and candy melts. I started to brainstorm some ideas and decided on ladybugs.
I do suggest getting some disposable piping bags. You can melt the black candy melts in a bag for ease of use and super quick clean-up.
Easy Ladybug Cookies
Easy Ladybug Cookies Recipe
- On a flat surface, lay down some wax paper. Set your cooling rack over the wax paper. This will help catch the drippings and make for easy cleanup.
- Lay out your vanilla wafers on the cooling rack.
- Melt your red candy melts as directed.
- Using a spoon, cover the vanilla wafers with the red melted candy.
- Allow to cool before moving on to the next step.
- In a disposable piping bag, melt your black candy melts. Once melted, snip a small hole at the point.
- Pipe semi circles on one end of the cookie for the head.
- Pipe the wing division down the back of the lady bug.
- Pipe some dots onto the wings.
- Allow to cool before serving.
What is great about these little ladybug cookies, you can make as much or as little as you need.