As a child I spent a lot of time with my Grandmother, who loved to bake. During the holidays, I was appointed co-chef in her kitchen and my main responsibility, other than taste-testing of course, was to help roll, mash, and decorate the cookies. My grandmother was lucky to have Walnut trees growing in her yard, so during the season they fell, my Grandpa would sit for hours and crack open the nuts for our baking needs. Since I don’t have that luxury today, nor the patience, my go-to walnuts come from Diamond of California, which can be purchased at your local Walmart store.
I decided to take a standard cookie recipe and modify it a bit for the holidays. I like adding peppermint in my holiday baking, so I added some white chocolate peppermint baking chips. I feel like they accompanied the walnuts in this recipe perfectly. Who can resist popping these delicious cookies into your mouth?
Please enjoy my recipe for Peppermint Walnut Cookies below.
Peppermint Walnut Cookies Recipe
- 1 Cup Flour
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Peppermint Baking Chips
- Powdered Sugar to roll cookies into
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all ingredients but the powdered sugar together.
- Roll into Quarter-sized balls, roll the balls into the powdered sugar, and place on cookie sheet about 1″ apart.
- Bake for 35 Minutes.
- Once cool top lightly with Powdered Sugar again and serve.