Oatmeal & Rice Krispie Cookies are the perfect mix of cookie and crunch!
I love a cookie that has a crunch! This cookie recipe combines the great taste of oatmeal with my favorite crispy cereal.
Amanda, a dear friend of mine, grew up making these cookies with her grandma and she still cherishes making them today. They were always her cookie of choice whenever she had to make anything for school function or parties. I hope that you enjoy them as much as we have over the years.
If you want to try and mix it up a bit, add in some raisins or chocolate chips to the recipe. I know I am going to have to try out with some dark chocolate chips the next time I make a batch.
Don’t forget the glass of milk with these cookies. They go perfect together.
Oatmeal and Rice Krispie Cookies
Oatmeal & Rice Krispie Cookies Recipe
Yield 30 cookies
These oatmeal cookies are the best! The crunch is what sets off these tasty cookies.
- 1/2 cup Shortening
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 cup Flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cup Rolled Oats
- 2 cup Rice Krispies
- Cream shortening, butter, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla, mix until well blended.
- Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in Oats and Rice Krispies by hand.
- Using a spoon, drop about a teaspoon of dough onto a cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.