Cinnamon Roll Rice Krispy Treats perfectly pair two favorite breakfast foods into one deliciously gooey treat. When you mix the traditional treat with the taste of a cinnamon roll, you have a problem – too much goodness in one bite!
A Memory and An Idea
I still remember the commercial with the Rice Krispies commercials with Snap, Crackle, and Pop or the moment when I had my first bowl and realized that the cereal did make those sounds when the milk hit it.
Better still is my memory of making the traditional Rice Krispy Treats with my mom. I would get sick from eating so many!
Cinnamon rolls were one of my favorite breakfast foods and a special treat in our house when I was younger. The smell of cinnamon rolls baking in the oven is one of my favorite childhood memories involving food.
Imagine my excitement when I realized these two favorites could be combined to make Cinnamon Roll Rice Krispy Treats.
I had to run out immediately to get the ingredients to test my latest combination. Boy, was I happy that I did!
Ingredients you’ll need to Make the Cinnamon Roll Treats
How to Make Cinnamon Roll Rice Krispie Treats
We start off this recipe with the marshmallow mixture. It’s okay to sneak a few marshmallows as you did as a kid. Go ahead; we won’t look!
A quick tip:
It is best to use the mini marshmallows because they are easier to measure and will melt faster than the larger ones.
Make sure to keep your heat setting low so that you don’t burn the marshmallows. I have made this mistake before, and let’s say that I almost threw the pan away.
Traditional Rice Krispy treats generally have two ingredients in the marshmallow mix – butter and marshmallows. We will step this deliciousness up a notch by adding vanilla, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon to the mixture.
If the mixture isn’t tasty enough, let’s continue walking through this process to make these fantastic Cinnamon Roll Rice Krispy Treats.
Once you have melted the marshmallow mix, grab a spoon or spatula to fold the Rice Krispy cereal into the mixture.
To fold an ingredient, bring the heavier mixture, in this case, the marshmallow mix, and pull it, or fold it, over the lighter ingredient, the cereal.
Now for the toppings that bring the Cinnamon Roll Rice Krispy Treats to an entirely new level. Sprinkle a cinnamon sugar mixture over the treats and drizzle melted white chocolate over the top.
Note: If you don’t have a cinnamon sugar mixture, you can make one using two parts sugar and one part cinnamon.
You will want to ensure you let the treats chill in the refrigerator for a bit before serving them. The treats will stay fresh for up to five days if you store them in an air-tight container in the refrigerator or on the counter.
Then… oh.my.goodness! Your diet just went out the window because these treats will be impossible to stop with just one.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cinnamon Roll Rice Krispy TreatsPrint Recipe
- ½ cup salted butter
- 3 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 cups rice krispies cereal
- 2 tsp cinnamon sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter with themarshmallows.
- Once both ingredients are completely melted, add the vanilla, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon. Stir the mixture until the ingredients are combined.
- Gently fold the cereal into the marshmallow mixture until the cereal is evenly coated in the mixture.
- Spread the Rice Krispy treats into a 9×13 inch dish and sprinkle the top with the cinnamon sugar.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave and drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the rice Krispy treats.
- Allow the Rice Krispy treats to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before cutting.
- If you do not have cinnamon sugar, you can create your own by mixing 2 parts sugar and 1 part cinnamon.
- Once the bars are sliced, you can store them in the fridge or on the counter in an airtight container for up to five days.