Mint chocolate is quite possibly my favorite combination in the whole world. Plus, I love baking cupcakes. I think I come up with new cupcake flavors on a monthly basis simply as an excuse to bake them!
I’m all about “easy” recipes though, so I always start my cupcakes out with a boxed cake mix. I can usually hit up a sale where i purchase a bunch at one time for $.99 a box. Yet another valid excuse to continue my cupcake habit!
In all honesty, I am on a diet. So when I bake these I usually eat one and after my family has devoured their fair share, my husband takes them to his clients.
I am IN LOVE with the Get Suckered Flavoring Oils. I used the Chocolate Mint in the icing for this recipe.
Mint Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache FillingPrint
Love chocolate and mint flavors fused together? Then you are sure to love these mint chocolate cupcakes with a creamy ganache center!
- 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 Container Whipped Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 Cup Coca Cola
- 12 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bark
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp Get Suckered Mint Flavoring Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- Blue and Yellow Food Coloring
- Mini Chocolate Chips (to garnish)
- Prepare ganache by bringing 1 cup heavy whipping cream to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in chocolate until everything is melted.
- Place mixture in the refrigerator to allow it to thicken while you bake your cupcakes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine cake mix, coca cola, eggs, and vegetable oil in a medium bowl and mix using your mixer until well blended.
- Line your muffin tin with liners and fill 2/3 of the way full with batter. I use an ice cream scoop to determine the correct amount.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until you can insert a toothpick and pull it out clean with no batter on it.
- Allow to cool and using an apple corer, make a hole into the center of the cupcakes.
- Remove ganache from fridge and place into a plastic baggie. Cut off the edge and use it to pipe into the centers of the cupcakes.
- To prepare the icing, place the container of cream cheese icing in a medium size mixing bowl and pour in 1 tsp of Get Suckered Mint Chocolate Flavoring Oil. Using a whisk or your mixer, mix together.
- Using your blue and yellow food coloring, tint your icing a mint green color. After mixing, place your icing into your decorating bag and frost your cupcakes.
- Top with mini chocolate chips as desired.
Keywords: Mint Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Filling
- Vanilla Mint Cupcakes Recipe
- Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe
- SNICKERS Cupcakes Recipe
- Cherry Cola Cupcakes Recipe