This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WhenImHungry #CollectiveBias
A cupcake recipe that uses the new Snickers Peanut Butter Squares. These delicious Snickers cupcakes will not disappoint!
Simply made with a doctored up dark chocolate cake mix with delicious caramel buttercream frosting, topped with a bit of Snickers Peanut Butter Squares.
When hunger strikes, we may get a bit short and cranky. I have been there plenty of times.
Being a mom, I have eaten my fair share of cold meals to make sure the kiddos get fed. However, today I want to share a story about my youngest son.
On Easter weekend, we traveled to my parents’ home. The trip up was fairly uneventful and the kids took their naps as we drove.
We arrived about 5 o’clock, and my sons usually eat dinner around 4 o’clock. The youngest was fine as long as the vehicle was moving, but started to make a little noise as we pulled in the drive.
We started unloading and got the kids inside the house and my Dad, aka PaPa, was there waiting for us. My oldest son headed to the back room and proceeded to drag out all the toys to play.
I put down my youngest son and he was just standing there, checking things out. My husband and I go back out to the vehicle to bring the rest of the luggage into the house.
We get back inside and my youngest is just crying his little heart out. Poor Papa was trying to get him to calm down but nothing was working.
Once my husband and I got everything inside, I fixed the little guy a snack and all was well. He went back to Papa and wanted to be held.
I got supper going shortly thereafter and, once fed, he was a happy boy until bed.
So, when we got back to our own home, I decided that PaPa needed a little something to say “Sorry” for how my little guy was when he was hungry. What better way to fight hunger and say sorry than with cupcakes?
So while I was at Dollar General, I picked up some SNICKERS® Peanut Butter Squares and Almond. Pretty easy to find in the candy aisle of the store.
I have shipped cupcakes before but this time we added a bit extra to the package. I put the cupcakes into a nice box made for transporting cupcakes.
This box held four cupcakes. It has a nice tray inside to help keep the cupcakes in place as they go through the mail.
Once I got the cupcakes all packed into their box, I printed a little note to add to the top of the box.
Once the cupcake box was placed into the shipping box, I added a few of the of the SNICKERS® Almond and Peanut Butter Squares on top of the box. Now PaPa will be set for when hunger strikes him.
See more great SNICKERS® recipes and fun stories on the SNICKERS® social hub.
Supplies for Snickers Cupcakes
Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix 18.25oz (Pack of 2)Smucker’s Caramel Ice Cream Topping, 12.25 ozSnickers Milk Choc Peanut Butter Square 11.5 Oz (Pack of 2)KitchenAid K45SSOB 4.5-Quart Classic Series Stand Mixer, Onyx BlackNorpro 3-Cup Stainless Steel Rotary Hand Crank Flour Sifter With 2 Wire AgitatorRegency Wraps Greaseproof Baking Cups, Yellow and White Pisa Stripe, 40-Count, Standard.Good Living Stainless Steel Ice Cream Scoop with Release Lever and Rubberized Handle for Comfort Grip, Colors Vary, 1-scoopDelicious Snickers Cupcakes!Click To Tweet
Snickers Cupcake Recipe
Dark chocolate cupcakes with caramel buttercream frosting and Snickers Peanut Butter Squares. These cupcakes are to die for!
Snickers Cupcakes Recipe
Yield 24 cupcakes
Delicious dark chocolate cupcakes, topped with caramel buttercream frosting and Snickers Peanut Butter Squares.
Dark Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 package dark chocolate cake mix (make sure it has pudding in the mix)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of warm coffee (see notes)
Caramel Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caramel topping (like what you would buy for ice cream)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- SNICKERS® Peanut Butter Squares, cut into fourths (see notes)
Dark Chocolate Cupcakes
- Mix all ingredients with a mixer for about 2 minutes or until well mixed.
- Line your cupcake tins with liners.
- Fill your cupcake liners with just a little over 2 teaspoons of batter.
- Bake at 350 for about 18-22 minutes.
- Allow to cool before adding frosting.
Caramel Buttercream Icing
- Cream the butter, caramel topping, and salt in your stand mixer.
- Add the powdered sugar. Mix until you have the desired consistency
- Place the frosting into a piping bag with your favorite tip. Pipe onto the cupcakes once they are cooled.
- Garnish with a quarter of the SNICKERS® Peanut Butter Squares.
- I just saved a bit of my morning coffee to use. You can always warm it up in the microwave. If you are not a coffee drinker, simply use 1/2 cup water.
- Place your SNICKERS® Peanut Butter Squares in the fridge while you make the frosting. This will allow you to get a nice clean cut.
More Cupcake Ideas
- Pokemon Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Caramel Apple Cupcakes Recipe
- Cookies and Cream Cupcakes Recipe
YOU ARE ALSO GOING TO LOVE:
Studies have shown if you loved this Snickers cupcakes recipe, you are going to love the following articles. Just click on the photos to view the articles.