When you think of Fall, what cupcake ideas come to mind? For me, pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes are the best!
I just enjoy all the wonder desserts we can make with pumpkin during Fall. I even tried some pumpkin cookies this year. YUM!
I just love the taste of pumpkin and chocolate together. It is a great combination, especially with the cream cheese frosting.
The cupcakes are just as good without the frosting should you have someone who doesn’t like cream cheese. My husband dislikes cream cheese so I left him some without frosting.
Wilton Fall Baking Cups, 150-PackWilton 415-2870 150 Count Woodland Animals Baking Cups Value Pack, AssortedChef Craft Parchment Paper Cupcake Liners, WhiteWilton 418-1703 Round Star Icing Tip Set, LargeWilton Disposable 16-Inch Decorating Bags, 12 PackWilton Icing Bag Ties
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
Yield 24 cupcakes
Delicious Fall Treat: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups of mini chocolate chips
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and pumpkin spice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, and eggs until well blended.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and whisk together until blended.
- Whisk in the pumpkin puree until blended.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Place cupcake liners in your cupcake tin. Fill each cupcake liner until it is 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool before adding frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese until well blended.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the powdered sugar until creamy.
- Beat in vanilla until well blended.
- Place in a piping bag and decorate your cupcakes. Add a few mini chocolate chips to garnish.