When you think of Fall, what cupcake ideas come to mind? For me, pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes are the best!
I just enjoy all the wonderful desserts we can make with pumpkin during Fall. I even tried some pumpkin cookies this year. YUM!
I just love the taste of pumpkin and chocolate together. It is a great combination, especially with the cream cheese frosting.
The good thing about this cupcake recipe? If you don’t want to frost them, you don’t even have to get out a stand mixer. You can do this all by hand, with a whisk!
The cupcakes are just as good without the frosting should you have someone who doesn’t like cream cheese. My husband dislikes cream cheese so I left him some without frosting.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cream Cheese FrostingPrint
Delicious Fall Treat: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups of mini chocolate chips
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and pumpkin spice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, and eggs until well blended.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and whisk together until blended.
- Whisk in the pumpkin puree until blended.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Place cupcake liners in your cupcake tin. Fill each cupcake liner until it is 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool before adding frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese until well blended.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the powdered sugar until creamy.
- Beat in vanilla until well blended.
- Place in a piping bag and decorate your cupcakes. Add a few mini chocolate chips to garnish.
Keywords: pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes, cream cheese frosting