What defines a S’More? Three ingredients: Chocolate, Marshmallow, and Graham Crackers.
This S’Mores cupcake recipe has all the required ingredients. It’s the perfect cupcake idea for summer!
My number one tip when baking cupcakes: Use an ice cream scoop with a trigger. This will make dipping the batter and dropping it in the cupcake liners much easier.
I used a 1M decorating tip to frost the cupcakes.
S’Mores Cupcake Recipe
Easy S’Mores Cupcakes Recipe
Easy S'Mores Cupcake Recipe
Yield 30 cupcakes
Delicious S'Mores Cupcake Recipe. Chocolate Cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting and a graham cracker to garnish.
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups of water
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup of marshmallow fluff
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- In a large bowl mix cake mix, flour, sugar, salt, water, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, sour cream, and eggs until well blended.
- Add cupcake liners to your cupcake tin.
- Scoop your cupcake batter into the prepared cupcake tin. Make sure not to get them more than 3/4 full.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before adding frosting.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, marshmallow fluff, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream on medium speed until it is completely smooth.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and salt on low speed. Then increase the speed to high for about 1 minute.
- If you think it looks too thin, a small amounts of powdered sugar to get the desired consistency.
- Once you frost your cupcakes, place a 4th of a graham cracker into the top of the cupcake to garnish.
You will need at least 2 batches of marshmallow frosting to cover the cupcakes.