This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Wet Ones® hand wipes. The opinions and text are all mine.
My oldest son wanted to help me work on mason jar crafts. So, we came up with a cute Handprint Mason Jar Craft.
My son was so excited to put his handprint on the jars. After I was done with each coat of paint, he would ask “Can I put my handprint on it now?”. He was so excited when I told him it was time.
The Handprint Mason Jar makes for a super cute keepsake item as well as gifts!
The one item that comes in handy for this project: Wet Ones® hand wipes. They were perfect to have right there waiting for after the boys were done placing their handprints on the jar. They are even made to help remove paint from hands! (See these are perfect for this craft!) Especially for my 2 year old. I didn’t have to worry about paint getting everywhere!
Handprint Mason Jar Craft
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Large Mason Jar – I used a jar that didn’t have markings on it.
- Chalk Paint in 2 colors – Make sure the one used for the handprint is Non-Toxic!
- Paint Brush
- Finishing Spray – Make sure it is clear and non-yellowing
- Wet Ones® hand wipes
Step 1: Clean your mason jar and make sure it is dry before painting.
Step 2: Apply 2 coats of your base coat paint on the outside of the jar. On my jars, I used white. Make sure allow proper drying time between coats.
Step 3: Once the base paint is completely dry, paint your child’s hand with the second color. For my jars, I used blue paint for the boy’s handprint. Remember: Use Non-Toxic Paint.
Step 4: Have your child put their hand on the jar. Press gently on their hands to make a nice print.
Step 5: Have your child remove their hand and promptly clean their hand with Wet Ones® hand wipes. Trust me, they work wonders!
Step 6: Allow the handprint to dry then spray the jars with the clear coat to seal the paint. I did this outside for proper ventilation.
Step 7: Once the clear coat is dried, decorate with flowers and you have the perfect keepsake or gift.
Reasons why I love Wet Ones® hand wipes:
- They kill 99.99% of germs.
- They are tough on dirt and grime but gentle for hand cleaning.
- Dual purpose – They clean up messes and wipe out 99.99% of germs at once.
- There is moisturizing aloe in each wipe which makes them easy on even the littlest hands.
- They are America’s #1 Hand Wipe!*
- *#1 claim based on scan data for 52 weeks ending 1/23/16.
Where can you get these wonderful wipes?? You can find them in Walmart in the beauty section.
Six Flags Kid’s Ticket Offer Details:
Wet Ones® is offering a kid’s ticket to Six Flags with the purchase of certain Wet Ones® Hand Wipes.
- Purchase one of the Wet Ones® Antibacterial Hand Wipes (Canisters, Singles and Big Ones®; excluding 15ct & 20ct Travel Pack Sizes) between the dates of 5/1/16 and 7/15/16.
- Visit WWW.WETONESSIXFLAGS.COM and follow the instructions. This needs to be completed by 11:59:59 AM ET on 7/15/16.
- Receive a discount coupon for a FREE Six Flags® weekday kids ticket (up to a $51.99 value) with the purchase of a full price general admission ticket on weekdays (Monday-Friday) OR $10 off one (1) full price general admission ticket on weekends (Saturday-Sunday).
- INTERNET ACCESS AND PRINTER REQUIRED FOR PARTICIPATION IN OFFER.
Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Wet Ones®. The opinions and text are all mine.