Delicious hot cocoa puppy chow recipe perfect snack during hot chocolate weather!
It has been so long since I have made puppy chow. The last one that was made and posted on the blog was for Valentine’s Day.
Since it is winter time and perfect hot chocolate weather, I decided a hot cocoa puppy chow would be the perfect treat.
How To Make Hot Cocoa Puppy Chow
For the full instructions, please see the printable recipe card down below.
Pour the melted chocolate over the Chex cereal.
Stir the cereal and melted chocolate together until the cereal is completely covered.
Divide the hot chocolate powder into the 2 freezer bags.
Divide the chocolate Chex cereal mixture into the 2 freezer bags.
Seal the bags shut and shake thoroughly.
Add your mallows and store in an airtight container.
Delicious hot cocoa puppy chow that pairs perfectly with hot chocolate!
- Pour the candy melts into a glass microwavable safe dish. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring occasionally until melted. Let cool a few minutes.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the Chex cereal and gently stir until all the cereal is coated with melted chocolate.
- Divide the 2 cups of hot cocoa mix between the 2 large freezer bags.
- Divide the chocolate coated cereal between the 2 bags of hot cocoa mix, seal shut and gently shake each bag to coat the cereal with hot cocoa mix.
- Add the mallow bits and/or mini marshmallows to the puppy chow.
Store the muddy buddy’s in an airtight container (I simply keep it in the freezer bags) in the fridge.