My husband’s exact words to me today were, “If you could just go ahead and make puppy chow once a week, that would be great.”
Although I don’t make it once a week (I would cave on my diet if I did) I do try to make it around the holidays. My puppy chow recipe stores so well that I usually make a huge batch and can easily keep it in a closed container or even the plastic bag that I make it in.
Haven’t heard of puppy chow? It is a delicious snack that involves both peanut butter and chocolate coated Chex and is then covered in powdered sugar.
I’m warning you, this stuff is addictive.
Make sure you check out our Hot Cocoa Puppy Chow too!
Valentine’s Day Puppy Chow
- 9 Cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 bag M&Ms
- 1/2 bag Conversation Hearts
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter.
- Microwave 1 minute. Remove and stir. Continue to heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each until the mixture is melted.
- Put the Chex Mix in a large bowl.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the Chex and stir, ensuring it is all covered by the chocolate.
- Pour the powdered sugar in a large plastic bag.
- Spoon the chocolate coated Chex Mix into the bag of powdered sugar.
- Seal bag and begin shaking to cover the entire mix thoroughly.
- Open bag to add your m&ms and conversation hearts. Mix.