A deliciously easy chicken enchiladas recipe using rotisserie chicken.
Picking the meat off the bones of the rotisserie chicken is the largest part of the prep time. Other than that, they are super easy to make!
If you are looking for a different kind on enchilada recipe, try our Easy Cheese Enchiladas Recipe.
Easy Chicken EnchiladasPrint
Simple Enchilada recipe that uses rotisserie chicken!
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 rotisserie chicken- bones removed and shredded
- 2 large jalapeños seeds removed and minced
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro stems removed and minced
- 1/2 cup of baby tomatoes sliced for garnish
- 10-12 soft corn tortillas
- 1 cup Colby-Jack shredded cheese (chicken mix)
- 2 cups of Colby-Jack cheese (on top of enchiladas)
- 1 large can store-bought enchilada sauce
In a large bowl combine your chicken, Jalapeños, cilantro, onions, and 1 cup of Colby-Jack cheese.
To assemble the enchiladas:
- Lay out a corn tortilla
- Add your chicken mixture to each tortilla. Make sure you don’t over fill it, you need to be able to roll the tortilla.
- Roll up each tortilla and place them seam side down in a greased or non-stick spray 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Lay them tightly next to each other so they do not open up
- Add as many as you can to make it a tight fit
- Then pour the enchilada sauce on top of the tortillas,
- Now top off with the 2 cups of Colby-Jack cheese
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro, baby tomatoes, onions, and minced jalapeños.
Keywords: Easy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe