Quick and easy Southwest Chicken Salad that is packed with flavor the whole family is going to love!
Some days time gets away from me and before I know it, it is dinner time. So I am desperately trying to figure out a balanced meal that I can toss together quickly. I usually have Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken on hand because the chicken is simple to make and full of protein. I also use Italian Dressing due to its robust and zesty flavor. Both of these items help make a flavorful quick meal. That is why I chose to use them in my southwest chicken salad.
Once I had the chicken and dressing, then it is just a matter of grabbing a couple of other ingredients to toss in the salad and we had a delicious meal.
When I first tried this Southwest Chicken Salad, I was unsure if the boys would eat it. They can be picky when it comes to food. I am happy to report that it passed the picky eaters test!
Simple Southwest Chicken Salad Recipe
- 6 oz Baby Spinach
- 12 oz Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken (or chicken of your choice)
- 1/2 cup Italian Dressing
- 1 can Corn drained
- 1 can Black Beans drained
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Chopped
- Prepare the Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken as directed on the package.Chop the chicken into bite size pieces.
- In a medium bowl, mix together chicken 1/4 cup of Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing, and lime juice.
- In a large bowl, place your baby spinach. Layer the corn, black beans, and the red and green peppers, and chicken on top of the spinach.
- Top with the remaining Italian Dressing and serve.
More Side Dish Ideas
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.