Broccoli Salad With Cheese Recipe
One of my favorite summertime side dishes is Broccoli Salad. Other than broccoli cooked and covered in cheese, this cold broccoli salad is the only other way I enjoy the tree-like vegetable.
This is a simple salad to take to a family gathering this summer. Does not take long to make at all.
If there is an ingredient you do not care for in this recipe, it is easy to omit that ingredient.
How to Make Cold Broccoli Salad with Cheese
In a large mixing bowl, add broccoli, cheese, sunflower seeds, onion, and bacon.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together mayo, vinegar, and sugar.
Pour the mayo mixture over the broccoli mix and gently stir together.
Cover and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving. This will allow all the flavors meld together.
Serve this salad cold.
Broccoli Salad Recipe
A simple side dish recipe that is perfect for summertime family gathers!
Broccoli Salad with Cheese Recipe
- 1 head fresh broccoli cut into small pieces (about 1 1/2 – 2 cups)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled bacon
- 2 tablespoon mayo
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Combine the broccoli, shredded cheese, sunflower seeds, onion and bacon.
- Whisk together the mayo, vinegar and sugar. Pour over the salad and gently stir to coat the broccoli.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour to let the flavors meld.
- Serve cold.
More Side Dish Recipes
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.