This easy Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese is a delicious side dish for any meal! Have this macaroni and cheese ready for dinner quickly with a pressure cooker.
Every day I am amazed at all the instant pot recipes! There is so much food you can make! Even side dishes, like this easy instant pot macaroni and cheese!
One thing I love about using my instant pot, everything is quick and easy!
Tips for using an Instant Pot
Cook time does not mean actual time before the food is done. Let me explain – the instant pot is a pressure cooker. So, therefore, it has to build up pressure before the cook time starts. Once the pressure is there, the cook time starts.
After the cook time is over, don’t just open the instant pot. Remember the pressure? There are a couple of different ways you can release the pressure.
- Naturally – Once the instant pot is done cooking, it will keep everything warm while the pressure is slowly released from the float valve. When it is done, the valve will shut and you can safely open the instant pot.
- Quick – After the cooking is done, you can move the steam release to the venting position. This will quickly let out all the pressure. When the float valve drops, it is safe to open the lid.
- Please review the owner’s manual for your instant pot/pressure cooker for correct instructions to your model and safe lid opening.
Always, be careful when removing the inner pot. It will be very hot. Allow to cool before removing or use a pot holder.
It is also very important to read your instant pot/pressure cooker manual. It has all the safety tips and suggestions on cooking different foods.
How to make Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese
Add the water, uncooked pasta noodles, butter, paprika and pepper to the Instant Pot. Give it a quick stir to mix.
Seal the lid to the Instant Pot shut and make sure the steam release is sealed. Press the manual button and then high pressure. Set the time to 3-4 minutes.
Remove the Instant Pot lid and pour in the evaporated milk and add in the cheeses. Stir to combine and then serve immediately.
Time to enjoy the deliciousness!
[socialpug_tweet tweet=”Easy Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese! #recipe #foodie #instantpotrecipe” display_tweet=”Easy Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese!”]
Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
This Macaroni and cheese is SO good! A delicious side dish for any meal! (Kids will love it too!!!)Print
This instant pot Macaroni and Cheese is the perfect side dish for any meal!
- 16 oz mini shell noodles (Any small noodles or elbow macaroni would work great also)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 Cups water
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Cup evaporated milk
- 10 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Add the water, uncooked pasta noodles, butter, paprika and pepper to the Instant Pot. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Seal the lid to the Instant Pot shut and press the manual button and then high pressure. Set the time to 3-4 minutes.
- After the pasta has cooked, use the quick vent option.
- Remove the Instant Pot lid and pour in the evaporated milk and add in the cheeses. Stir to combine and then serve immediately.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 412
- Sugar: 2.6 g
- Sodium: 500 mg
- Fat: 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 10.4 g
- Trans Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 42.8 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 20.4 g
- Cholesterol: 47.2 mg