Want a new green bean casserole that will WOW the whole family during the holidays? This casserole is the best and will be having your family begging for more.
Holiday’s are a crazy time of year. We are running to Grandma’s house, preparing side dishes, and scrambling trying to find an open store to get the few ingredients that my absent-minded brain has forgotten.
But, do you know what makes it worth it?
When the whole family is gathered around the table, eating the delicious food that everyone has prepared, and enjoying the conversations that are floating throughout the room.
Not Your Regular Green Bean Casserole
Growing up, we would have green bean casserole for Thanksgiving and sometimes even Christmas. You know the dish, that recipe that calls for French’s Fried Onions. Not my favorite.
Just a few years ago, I tried a new green bean casserole recipe.
My family was amazed at the delicious side dish and of course, they had seconds! SCORE!
My recipe was requested again for our next holiday meal.
[socialpug_tweet tweet=”The Best Green Bean Casserole Ever! #recipe #foodie” display_tweet=” The Best Green Bean Casserole Ever!”]
A little tip: this recipe fits perfectly in this baking dish.
If you enjoy this recipe, make sure you subscribe to our newsletter to get more delicious recipes sent to your inbox!
If you want a green bean casserole that will make your family ask for more, this is the perfect recipe!
- 3 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Tablespoon Flour
- 1⁄2 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1⁄4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 3 cans of Libby’s® Cut Green Beans, drained
- 5 slices of thick cut Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1⁄2 Cup Crumbled Butter Crackers
- 1 Tablespoon melted Butter
- In a Large Skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add Flour, onion powder, salt, pepper and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add sour cream, bacon, and green beans. Stir until well mixed.
- Transfer into a 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter and crushed crackers.
- Add the cracker mixture to the top of the casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted.
Keywords: green bean casserole, libbys green bean casserole
What are your favorite holiday side dishes?