I tried for the first time to make cake pops. These Halloween Cake Pops turned out pretty cute!
I made Pumpkin Cake Pops and Ghost Cake Pops! They are easy to decorate. ;)
I have to admit, I failed the first time I tried making these Halloween cake pops.
The First time, I didn’t get enough icing in the crumbled cake so they ended up falling off my sticks and made it difficult to get covered.
The second time, I got enough icing – Yay!
I need to practice my candy melt melting skills. It seemed to me that it was a bit thick.
I have never had a cake pop so I have nothing to compare mine to. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
I also need to work on my balling skills for next time. I have a hard time getting them round when I was rolling them.
I am not sure if you have heard of Edible Markers, but they are awesome and perfect for cake pops!
As you can see I used the black to make the faces on the ghosts and jack-o-lanterns.
How to make Halloween Cake Pops
Follow these instructions to create this delicious Cake Pops!
Halloween Cake Pops
- Styrofoam to place your cake pops in to dry
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 container of icing
- candy melts I used white and orange
- edible markers black
- cake pop sticks
- Make your box cake according to the instructions using a 9×13 pan.
- Once your cake is cool, crumble the cake in a large bowl.
- Add icing a little bit at a time until you easily form a ball and it sticks together well.
- Make into balls and place on a wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- Freeze the balls for at least 2 hours.
- After the 2 hours is up, melt the first color of candy melts you want to use.
- Dip a cake pop stick into the candy melt and place it in a ball. Repeat.
- Then dip the cake pops into the candy melt to fully cover the cake pop.
- Place the stick end into Styrofoam to keep the cake pops round as they harden. If you want a flat bottom, place them back on the cookie sheet cake pop down.
- Once the candy has hardened, take your edible marker and draw the face on the cake pops.
What are some fun cake pop designs you have seen?