Mint chocolate is quite possibly my favorite combination in the whole world. Plus, I love baking cupcakes. I think I come up with new cupcake flavors on a monthly basis simply as an excuse to bake them!
I’m all about “easy” recipes though, so I always start my cupcakes out with a boxed cake mix. I can usually hit up a sale where i purchase a bunch at one time for $.99 a box. Yet another valid excuse to continue my cupcake habit!
In all honesty, I am on a diet. So when I bake these I usually eat one and after my family has devoured their fair share, my husband takes them to his clients.
I am IN LOVE with the Get Suckered Flavoring Oils. I used the Chocolate Mint in the icing for this recipe.
- 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 Container Whipped Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 Cup Coca Cola
- 12 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bark
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp Get Suckered Mint Flavoring Oil
- 3 Eggs
- ⅓ Cup Vegetable Oil
- Blue and Yellow Food Coloring
- Mini Chocolate Chips (to garnish)
- Prepare ganache by bringing 1 cup heavy whipping cream to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in chocolate until everything is melted.
- Place mixture in the refrigerator to allow it to thicken while you bake your cupcakes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine cake mix, coca cola, eggs, and vegetable oil in a medium bowl and mix using your mixer until well blended.
- Line your muffin tin with liners and fill ⅔ of the way full with batter. I use an ice cream scoop to determine the correct amount.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until you can insert a toothpick and pull it out clean with no batter on it.
- Allow to cool and using an apple corer, make a hole into the center of the cupcakes.
- Remove ganache from fridge and place into a plastic baggie. Cut off the edge and use it to pipe into the centers of the cupcakes.
- To prepare the icing, place the container of cream cheese icing in a medium size mixing bowl and pour in 1 tsp of Get Suckered Mint Chocolate Flavoring Oil. Using a whisk or your mixer, mix together.
- Using your blue and yellow food coloring, tint your icing a mint green color. After mixing, place your icing into your decorating bag and frost your cupcakes.
- Top with mini chocolate chips as desired.