This recipe is quick, delicious, and can be made to fit any person’s tastes. If you like tacos, and macaroni and cheese, you are sure to love them combined in this delicious taco mac and cheese dish!
Sometimes as moms we have limited time to cook meals, and I am all about things that can be made quick and easy.
Today, I want to share a recipe that I’ve been making for a while now to “dress up” a regular boxed macaroni and cheese!
It is very simple and definitely fits in the 20 minutes or less category.
How to make Taco Mac and Cheese
First, you brown the beef, drain. Add the meat back to the skillet and add water and taco seasoning.
While the meat is cooking, prepare the mac and cheese according to the instructions.
Once the meat and the mac and cheese are fully cooked, combine them.
Serve in a bowl topped with shredded taco cheese.Print
Have a delicious and unique side dish for dinner with this Taco Mac ‘n Cheese Recipe. Make it in 20 minutes or less!
- 1 Box Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (Blue Box)
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Pound Hamburger
- 1/2 Packet of Taco Seasoning
- 1/3 Cup Water
- Tortilla Chips
- Shredded Taco Cheese
- Brown 1/2 pound of hamburger and drain.
- Add taco seasoning and approximately 1/3 cup water and stir.
- Prepare Kraft Macaroni and Cheese by the instructions on the box. After noodles are drained, add milk, butter, and cheese. You will notice in the recipe that I use half the amount of butter they call for in the standard macaroni and cheese recipe. This is just for personal taste.
- Combine the macaroni and cheese and hamburger mixture and stir.
- Place in bowl and top with shredded cheese, chives, and tortilla chips.
You can also add onions, lettuce, tomato, or salsa to this mixture as you like. Turn it into a dip by adding some taco sauce and serving with sour cream or guacamole.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 151
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 126.3 mg
- Fat: 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.6 g
- Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 14.3 g
- Cholesterol: 50 mg
Keywords: Taco Mac and Cheese