This recipe is quick, delicious, and can be made to fit any person’s tastes. If you like tacos, and macaroni and cheese, you are sure to love them combined in this delicious taco mac and cheese dish!
Sometimes as moms we have limited time to cook meals, and I am all about things that can be made quick and easy.
Today, I want to share a recipe that I’ve been making for a while now to “dress up” a regular boxed macaroni and cheese!
It is very simple and definitely fits in the 20 minutes or less category.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to make Taco Mac and Cheese
First, you brown the beef, drain. Add the meat back to the skillet and add water and taco seasoning.
While the meat is cooking, prepare the mac and cheese according to the instructions.
Once the meat and the mac and cheese are fully cooked, combine them.
Serve in a bowl topped with shredded taco cheese.
Taco Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 1 box Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Blue Box
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Pound Hamburger
- 1/2 packet Taco Seasoning
- 1/3 Cup Water
- Tortilla Chips
- Taco Cheese shredded
- Brown 1/2 pound of hamburger and drain.
- Add taco seasoning and approximately 1/3 cup water and stir.
- Prepare Kraft Macaroni and Cheese by the instructions on the box. After noodles are drained, add milk, butter, and cheese. You will notice in the recipe that I use half the amount of butter they call for in the standard macaroni and cheese recipe. This is just for personal taste.
- Combine the macaroni and cheese and hamburger mixture and stir.
- Place in bowl and top with shredded cheese, chives, and tortilla chips.