Taco Spaghetti is the perfect blend of spicy Mexican flavors, cheese, and spaghetti. Your family is going to love it!
Taco spaghetti is the perfect way to spice up dinner time. Our family loves eating tacos and spaghetti. One day we decided to try something different and now this recipe is a family favorite!
What is Taco Spaghetti??
Start with Taco meat and cooked spaghetti. Mix Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies, Velveeta, cream of chicken soup into the skillet after the taco meat is fully cooked. Once all the cheese is melted, stir in the spaghetti. Once it is thoroughly mixed, place in a 9×9 baking dish and bake in the oven for 30 min.
Our family likes this dish so much that we double the recipe and bake in a 9×13 baking dish. It makes excellent leftovers.
Did you know you can make your own taco seasoning? It is what I use for this recipe.
Worried about the spice? Use the mild Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies.
Can you make Taco Spaghetti ahead of time?
I have not made the whole recipe ahead of time.
That being said, I have browned the meat the day before to help cut some time out. It will heat back up when you cook the taco seasoning into the meat.
How to store leftover Taco Spaghetti?
Once the taco spaghetti has fully cooled, store any leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. It is recommended to consume leftovers within 3 days. Make sure to inspect and reheat all leftovers before consuming.Print
It’s time to spice up spaghetti! Enjoy this Taco Spaghetti recipe. The perfect blend of spicy Mexican, cheese, and spaghetti.
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 1¼ pounds lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning or 1 package of taco seasoning
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 (10.75-oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10-oz) can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies undrained
- 1 (8-oz) package Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beet until fully cooked (medium-high heat). Drain and return the meat to the skillet.
- Add the taco seasoning and water. Stir and cook until the water has either evaporated or absorbed into the meat.
- Stir in the soup, Velveeta, and Rotel. Reduce the heat to low and cook until the cheese melts, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the spaghetti. Once fully incorporated, pour in a lightly greased 9×9 casserole dish.
- Top with cheddar cheese
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until heated through.
If you want a milder flavor, make sure to grab the mild Rotel tomatoes and green chilies.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 431
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Sodium: 966.1 mg
- Fat: 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 11.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.8 g
- Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 32.5 g
- Cholesterol: 98.7 mg
Keywords: taco spaghetti