I don’t think Pokemon is going to go anywhere in the near future. People are still watching Pokemon and playing the Pokemon Go game. So naturally, there is still going to be Pokemon themed birthday parties.
As long as there are birthday parties, there is a need for cupcake ideas. These cupcakes are my envision for Pikachu cupcakes perfect for a Pokemon birthday.
I created ears, tail, and rosy red cheeks to put into the bright yellow buttercream icing to resemble Pikachu.
What I did was look at a picture of Pikachu and hand drew ears and a tail shape. Then I used that for a template to trace the shapes onto wax paper with a sharpie.
Once the shapes have been made, flip the wax paper over so the sharpie side does not come in contact with the candy melts.
Lay the wax paper onto cookie sheets. This will allow you to easily transport the candies to the fridge to harden.
Pipe the outline of the areas that should be yellow, such as the tail and the part of the ears that are yellow.
Then go back and fill the areas in so they are hollow.
Do the same thing for the black candy melts and make the black tips to Pikachu’s ears. Make sure the black and yellow touch so they create one piece.
For the red cheeks, use the red candy melts and make small circles on wax paper. No template is needed for this.
Place the cookie sheets into the fridge to harden for about 30 minutes before putting them on the cupcakes. Timing is key with putting them into the buttercream icing.
Make sure you add the decorations soon after piping the yellow buttercream icing onto the cupcake. This will allow the decorations to stay in place.
Another alternative to drawing the cupcake toppers is getting a Pokemon Coloring Book and tracing the items you want to use then go through the process of creating them with the candies.
[socialpug_tweet tweet=”Cute Pikachu Inspired Cupcakes! Perfect for Pokemon Themed Parties! #recipe #pokemon #foodie” display_tweet=”Cute Pikachu Inspired Cupcakes! Perfect for Pokemon Themed Parties!”]
Pikachu Cupcake Recipe
Cute little Pikachu inspired cupcakes perfect for a Pokemon themed birthday party. Mix them up with these Pokeball cupcakes.Print
These cupcakes are made from a doctored up cake mix. Topped with homemade buttercream icing with Pikachu shaped ears, tail, and red cheeks.
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups of water
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, softened
- 3–4 cups of powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- up to 4 tablespoons milk
- Lemon Yellow Coloring Gel
- In a large bowl mix cake mix, flour, sugar, salt, water, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, sour cream, and egg whites until well blended.
- Add cupcake liners to your cupcake tin.
- Scoop your cupcake batter into the prepared cupcake tin. Make sure not to get them more than 3/4 full.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before adding icing.
- Beat the butter for a few minutes using your mixer on medium speed.
- Add 3 cups of powdered sugar and mix on low speed until blended.
- Add the vanilla extract, salt, and 2 tablespoons of milk. Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- If you need stiffer frosting, add the remaining sugar.
- If you need a thinner frosting, add the remaining milk.
- Add Red coloring gel and mix until you get the desired color.
- See instructions written in the post.
- Make sure to add shapes while icing cupcakes.
Cooking time does not reflect decorating time.
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 134
- Sugar: 9.6 g
- Sodium: 95.4 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.9 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 41.5 mg
Keywords: Pikachu Cupcakes, pokemon cupakes