Have a Disney fan celebrating a birthday or special occasion? These Easy Mickey Mouse Cupcakes are the perfect cupcake idea for any age!
How to make Mickey Mouse Cupcakes
These easy cupcakes use my doctored up cake mix recipe. Since it is doctored, you can get a lot more cupcakes out of one box of cake mix! Score!
The cupcakes also turn out so moist and delicious, it really is the only way I make cupcakes nowadays!
The first thing you need to do is find a Mickey Mouse shape you like in about the size you want for your cupcakes. Then print it out.
Trace the shape onto wax paper with a Sharpie in the amount that you will need. It may be best to make more than needed, just in case.
After tracing, flip the wax paper over so the Sharpie side is down and place it on a cookie sheet.
Melt the back candy melts according to the instructions and put the melted candy into a piping bag. Snip the end so you can pipe the candy onto the wax paper.
Pipe the candy following the outline of the Mickey shape. Then simply make lines within the shape in zigzag pattern. If you want to make them solid, fill in the Mickey shape completely.
After finishing all the shapes, place the cookie sheet into the fridge for about 30 minutes to harden.
After piping icing onto the cupcakes, gently press a Mickey shape onto the icing. Do this before the buttercream sets up.
Easy Mickey Mouse Cupcake Recipe
Perfect Mickey Mouse cupcake idea for Disney lovers of any age!
[socialpug_tweet tweet=”Easy Mickey Mouse Cupcakes! #recipe #foodie #cupcakes #MickeyMouse” display_tweet=”Easy Mickey Mouse Cupcakes!”]Print
Perfect Mickey Mouse cupcakes for any age!
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups of water
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, softened
- 3–4 cups of powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- up to 4 tablespoons milk
- No Taste Red Icing Gel Color
- In a large bowl mix cake mix, flour, sugar, salt, water, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, sour cream, and egg whites until well blended.
- Add cupcake liners to your cupcake tin.
- Scoop your cupcake batter into the prepared cupcake tin. Make sure not to get them more than 3/4 full.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before adding icing.
- Beat the butter for a few minutes using your mixer on medium speed.
- Add 3 cups of powdered sugar and mix on low speed until blended.
- Add the vanilla extract, salt, and 2 tablespoons of milk. Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- If you need stiffer frosting, add the remaining sugar.
- If you need a thinner frosting, add the remaining milk.
- Add Red coloring gel and mix until you get the desired color.
- See post for written instructions for making the Mickey Shapes.
- Add the Mickey Shapes onto the cupcakes while applying the icing.
Cooking time does not reflect decorating time.
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 133
- Sugar: 9.5 g
- Sodium: 95.2 mg
- Fat: 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.8 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 41.5 mg
Keywords: mickey mouse cupcakes, easy mickey mouse cupcakes