Need Batman Cupcakes perfect for a birthday party or movie night for Batman fans?
Since the LEGO Batman movie was just released, I decided to come up with a Batman cupcake idea perfect for a movie night.
Also on my mind was that last week, Adam West past away. He was the very first Batman that I watched growing up. I loved the show and this was another reason for coming up with this Batman cupcake idea.
The concept for these cupcakes is derived from the Bat Signal. The yellow icing behind the bat symbolized the light created by the Bat Signal from Commissioner Gordon.
How to Create the Batman Cupcake Decoration
Flip the wax paper over so the marker side is down.
Pipe the candy onto the wax paper, tracing the outline of the bat. Then fill it in so it is solid.
Place them in the fridge to harden for about 3o minutes. Take them out when it is time to ice the cupcakes.
After piping the yellow icing on the cupcakes, place a bat on the side for decoration.
Batman Signal Cupcakes
The perfect cupcakes for a Batman Fan!
Use an ice cream scoop to help fill the cupcake liners.
Perfect cupcakes for a Batman birthday party!
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups of water
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, softened
- 3–4 cups of powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- up to 4 tablespoons milk
- Yellow Icing Color Gel
- In a large bowl mix cake mix, flour, sugar, salt, water, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, sour cream, and egg whites until well blended.
- Add cupcake liners to your cupcake tin.
- Scoop your cupcake batter into the prepared cupcake tin. Make sure not to get them more than 3/4 full.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before adding icing.
- Beat the butter for a few minutes using your mixer on medium speed.
- Add 3 cups of powdered sugar and mix on low speed until blended.
- Add the vanilla extract, salt, and 2 tablespoons of milk. Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- If you need stiffer frosting, add the remaining sugar.
- If you need a thinner frosting, add the remaining milk.
- Add Yellow coloring gel and mix until you get the desired color.
- See post for written instructions with photos.
- Add to cupcakes once they are iced.
Cooking time does not reflect decorating time.
Keywords: batman cupcakes