This quick and easy homemade playdough recipe can be done in about 5 minutes! Learn how to make playdough for hours of fun!
This recipe for playdough is simple and easy to make. It only took about 5 minutes to make this playdough.
This recipe also makes a lot, so I split it up into four sections and made four different colors.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy Homemade Playdough Recipe
What you will need:
- 2 cups of Flour
- 2 tbs Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup of Salt
- 2 tbs Cream of Tartar
- 1 1/2 cup of boiling water
- Food Coloring (optional)
- In a large bowl mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar, and vegetable oil.
- Add the boiling water to the mixture and stir until sticky.
- Split your dough into the four sections (or however many color options you plan to have).
- Add your food coloring (it will seem to take a lot) to each section.
- Stir and knead until the color is uniform and stickiness is gone.
If you do not want to add color, skip steps 3 and 4 in the instructions.
When the kids are not playing with the playdough, make sure you keep them in airtight containers.