I decided it was time to make play dough for my son. He found his foam letters and was driving his cars and monster trucks on them to make tracks. What better thing to make tracks in than play dough. He absolutely had fun! Hours upon hours of fun to be exact.
This recipe for play dough is so simple and easy to make. It also makes a lot so I split it up into four sections and made four different colors. My son loves the different colors.
How to Make Homemade Play Dough
Homemade Play Dough
- 2 cups of Flour
- 2 tbs Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup of Salt
- 2 tbs Cream of Tartar
- 1 1/2 cup of boiling water
- Food Coloring (optional)
- In a large bowl mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar, and vegetable oil.
- Add the boiling water to the mixture and stir until sticky.
- Split your dough into the four sections (or however many color options you plan to have).
- Add your food coloring (it will seem to take a lot) to each section.
- Stir and kneed until color is uniform and stickiness is gone.
If you do not want to add color: After adding the water to the mixture and stirring, allow the dough to cool. Then kneed until stickiness is gone.
Courses Play Dough
Feel free to check out our play dough recipe that uses kool-aid!