This quick and easy homemade playdough recipe can be done in about 5 minutes! Learn how to make playdough for hours of fun!
This recipe for playdough is simple and easy to make. It only took about 5 minutes to make this playdough.
This recipe also makes a lot, so I split it up into four sections and made four different colors.
Easy Homemade Playdough Recipe
What you will need:
- 2 cups of Flour
- 2 tbs Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup of Salt
- 2 tbs Cream of Tartar
- 1 1/2 cup of boiling water
- Food Coloring (optional)
- In a large bowl mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar, and vegetable oil.
- Add the boiling water to the mixture and stir until sticky.
- Split your dough into the four sections (or however many color options you plan to have).
- Add your food coloring (it will seem to take a lot) to each section.
- Stir and knead until the color is uniform and stickiness is gone.
If you do not want to add color, skip steps 3 and 4 in the instructions.
When the kids are not playing with the playdough, make sure you keep them in airtight containers.
Feel free to check out our play dough recipe that uses kool-aid!