When the weather gets cold outside, it makes me want to fire up the oven and bake!
Last week it turned cold here in Nebraska. The weather went from 80 to 40 in a day. It suddenly felt like fall has disappeared and winter was upon us.
We had thunderstorms and snow coming directly for us. That is something that I have dubbed “Thunder Snow” and have only seen since we’ve lived here. It’s interesting to hear thunder and see lightning when it is snowing outside.
I became inspired by the weather to bake some cupcakes. I need something sweet in the house and feel like cupcakes are a better option for me than chowing down on a bag full of candy.
Since it had gotten so cold, I started craving Hot Cocoa and thought, well, I’ll just make that into a cupcake!
It’s a win – win really.
Hot Cocoa Cupcakes Recipe
Hot Cocoa Cupcakes with Cool Whip FrostingPrint Recipe
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 package Hot Cocoa Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1 1/3 Water
- Kraft Cool Whip Frosting in Vanilla
- Peppermint Chocolate Pieces to top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line 12-hole muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Mix devil’s food cake mix, eggs, oil, water, and cocoa mix until well blended.
- Fill liners 3/4 of the way full with mixture.
- Bake for 19 minutes.
- Top with Cool Whip Frosting and peppermint pieces.
- Yields approx. 18 cupcakes.