Delicious cupcake idea that is just perfect for the July 4th! These Fourth of July cupcakes is the perfect way to show your patriotism!
It is getting close to the Fourth of July and I wanted to make cupcakes.
What says Fourth of July to you? I think of the colors red, white, and blue, fireworks, and cookouts. So I decided these cupcakes needed to be red, white, and blue.
I used red and blue cupcake liners and made white cupcakes. Then I made red, white, and blue buttercream icing to top the cupcakes. Want to learn how I did the icing? Find out
Want to learn how I did the icing? Find out how to make a multi-colore cupcake swirl.
This was the first time I have ever made cupcakes with multi-color swirls so it turned out to be pretty fun. They are going to be great for the Fourth of July! Another great treat for the Fourth
Another great treat for the Fourth of July celebrations are these 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats.
[socialpug_tweet tweet=”Delicious 4th of July Cupcakes! #food #recipe #cupcake” display_tweet=”Delicious 4th of July Cupcakes!”]
4th of July Cupcakes
Perfect cupcakes for a 4th of July celebration!Print
Fun tri-colored cupcakes perfect for the 4th of July.
Fourth of July Cupcakes
- 1 box of white cake mix (with pudding in the mix)
- 3/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 warm water
- 3 egg lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3–4 cups of powdered sugar, Sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- up to 4 tablespoons milk
- Food Coloring Gel – you will need red and blue
Fourth of July Cupcakes
- Line your cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients with your mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Place batter evenly into the cupcake liners. I found just a little bit more than 2 tablespoons of batter works well.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- Beat the butter for a few minutes using your mixer on medium speed.
- Add 3 cups of powdered sugar and mix on low speed until blended.
- Add the vanilla extract, salt, and 2 tablespoons of milk. Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- If you need stiffer frosting, add the remaining sugar.
- If you need a thinner frosting, add the remaining milk.
- Split your frosting in thirds. Add red food coloring gel to one and blue to another one.
- Ice your cupcakes.
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 144
- Sugar: 4.3 g
- Sodium: 80.3 mg
- Fat: 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.8 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 1.4 g
- Cholesterol: 49.6 mg
Keywords: 4th of july cupcakes, fourth of july cupcakes, patriotic cupcakes