As a connoisseur of coffee, I can agree that one of the best accessories created was the coffee cup cozy. When your cup is hot, a coffee sleeve is the saving grace from keeping your hands from getting overly-toasty. If you travel often, or grab a cup on the go, you’ll know that most coffee shops have cardboard sleeves available for this purpose. While this is a great solution it also creates a lot of unnecessary trash, and let’s face it, is not very attractive.
I started creating my own crochet cozy patterns to make and take with me on the go. I also love to put these around my kid’s mugs when I make hot cocoa in the winter. Not only are they functional, they can also be extremely fun! I hope you enjoy some of the patterns I’ve found for you today. Happy crocheting!
Crochet Cozy Patterns
1. Simple Crochet Mug Cozy Pattern – Midwestern Moms
Simple mug cozy using the single crochet stitch.
2. Shamrock Crochet Coffee Cup Cozy Pattern – Midwestern Moms
Get ready for St. Patrick’s Day with this themed coffee cozy. Cute shamrock embellishment!
3. Crochet Halloween Coffee Cup Cozy Pattern – Midwestern Moms
Halloween themed crochet pumpkin coffee cozy.
4. Crochet Minions Coffee Cup Cozy Pattern – Midwestern Moms
Love minions? Show off your love for Kevin with this one-eyed cozy!
5. Crochet Coffee Cup Cozy Pattern with Heart – Midwestern Moms
This crochet coffee cozy would be perfect for Valentine’s Day!
6. Crochet Owl Coffee Cozy – My Creative Nook
Cute and simply owl coffee cozy pattern.
7. Dr. Seuss Inspired Coffee Cozy – My Creative Nook
Unique Dr. Seuss themed cozy for Dr. Seuss week!
8. Basketweave Cup Cozy Crochet Pattern – One Dog Woof
I love the texture on this cozy. It looks so warm. The personalized buttons add a nice touch.
9. Textured Coffee Mug Cozy Pattern – Articles of a Domestic Goddess
Pretty pattern for a mug cozy using a combination of single and double crochet stitches.
10. Crochet Mug Hug and Rug – TutsPlus
Pattern for a crochet mug cozy and matching coaster! I really like the stripes in this pattern.
11. Free Crochet Wonder Woman Coffee Cup Cozy Pattern – Enchanted Ladybug
A free download for personal use of a Wonder Woman cozy. Some mornings I could use the extra strength!
12. Brain Waves Coffee Cozy – Playin’ Hooky Designs
I love this wave pattern. I can’t wait to make one in various shades of blue to match my office.
13. Fox Coffee Sleeve Pattern – Jessica Ferrara
What a cute fox cozy pattern! This would be fantastic for fall.
14. Crochet Pumpkin Coffee Cup Cozy – Painting it Purple
Speaking of fall, how about this pumpkin coffee cozy? What a cute design!
15. Striped Mug Cozy – Little Monkey’s Crochet
I like the vertical stripes on this cozy. Be sure to check out the other patterns on this site. So many great ones to choose from!
16. Easy Crochet Coffee Cozy Pattern – Just Be Crafty
Beginner pattern with a wooden button. I love the neutral colors and simplicity of this cozy pattern.
17. Woven Cables Mug Cozy Crochet Pattern – One Dog Woof
Mug cozy with a unique stitch pattern. I can’t wait to make one of these!
18. Free Crochet Jack Skellington Coffee Cup Cozy Pattern – Enchanted Ladybug
Adore this Nightmare Before Christmas themed coffee cozy!
19. Owl Mug Wrap – Red Heart
Owls are my favorite, so naturally this beautifully textured mug wrap caught my eye. Definitely looks cozy!
20. Chasing Chevrons Coffee & Water Bottle Cozies – Ravelry user Jennifer Pionk
One pattern, three ways! I can’t wait to create this in yellow and gray.
Do you like to use coffee cup cozies? Which one will you make first?