I use Buttercream Frosting for several of my recipes. So to make things simple, I decided to create it’s own post. That way I can just link back to here instead of typing out the recipe each time I use it in a recipe. Enjoy!Print
How to make homemade buttercream frosting.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3–4 cups of powdered sugar, Sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- up to 4 tablespoons milk
- Food Coloring Gel – optional
- Beat the butter for a few minutes using your mixer on medium speed.
- Add 3 cups of powdered sugar and mix on low speed until blended.
- Add the vanilla extract, salt, and 2 tablespoons of milk. Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- If you need stiffer frosting, add the remaining sugar.
- If you need a thinner frosting, add the remaining milk.
- Add your food coloring gel until you get the color desired. (optional)
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 86
- Sugar: 4.2 g
- Sodium: 25.7 mg
- Fat: 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.3 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0.1 g
- Cholesterol: 20.3 mg
Keywords: buttercream icing, buttercream frosting