I use Buttercream Frosting for several of my recipes. So to make things simple, I decided to create it’s own post. That way I can just link back to here instead of typing out the recipe each time I use it in a recipe. Enjoy!Print
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3-4 cups of powdered sugar, Sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- up to 4 tablespoons milk
- Food Coloring Gel – optional
- Beat the butter for a few minutes using your mixer on medium speed.
- Add 3 cups of powdered sugar and mix on low speed until blended.
- Add the vanilla extract, salt, and 2 tablespoons of milk. Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- If you need stiffer frosting, add the remaining sugar.
- If you need a thinner frosting, add the remaining milk.
- Add your food coloring gel until you get the color desired. (optional)