Tastee Inn & Out is a restaurant located just off of 48th & Holdrege. The place hasn’t changed much since opening their doors in 1948. The drive thru window is on the passenger’s side of the car, orders are written down by hand and sent through a tube into the kitchen, and the trays of food come out on a conveyor belt from the kitchen. This one-of-a-kind restaurant created the legendary Tastee sandwich, loose hamburger served on a bun with mustard and a pickle. Aside from this sandwich, Tastee Inn & Out has wonderful onion chips and milkshakes for a “well-balanced” meal. I highly recommend trying Tastee Inn & Out the next time you are in Lincoln.
Not sure when you will be in Lincoln? Well you are in luck. I just happen to have the Tastee sandwich recipe and am nice enough to share it with you all.
- 2.5 lbs of beef
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1.5 tsp prepared mustard
- 1.5 tsp horseradish
- 1.5 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- Combine in a 1-cup measuring cup: ketchup, prepared mustard, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Stir 1-cup mixture into beef.
- Add water to the beef mixture.
- Add in the onion.
- Cook for 15 minutes, stirring constantly until beef is in fine pieces.
- Increase heat until boiling. Cook for 25 minutes, stirring often.
- Serve on hamburger buns will dill pickle chips and mustard.
This recipe is a guest post from Julie.
You may also like:
- Cajun Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- Easy Crock Pot Lasagna
- Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap Recipe
- Honey-Hoisin Grilled Ribs
You Are Also Going To Love:
Studies have shown if you loved this Loose Meat Sandwich from the Tastee Inn and Out, you are going to love the following articles. Just click on the image to go to the article.